Solarforce Tailcap Failure

jcw122

Enlightened
Hi all,

Just wanted to report that the tailcap I bought for my Surefire 6P with Nailbender drop in has been failing recently. The screw piece that holds the spring and clicky assembly in the tailcap has been coming loose, to the point where the light fails to activate. I purchased it last fall, and it has already been failing. Just thought I'd give my report on this product. Other than the unscrewing issue, it's been perfect.

Lightdadark

Newly Enlightened
Did you try and tighten it up? I'm glad they leave some of them loose, it makes it easier to change out boots. Hardly a "failure"

AaronG

Enlightened
That's a pretty common problem and easily fixed. If you have the right pliers you can use that. I've done it before by removing the rubber end pieces of a bobby pin and spreading it to fit the two holes.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Not a failure in my book, being that its easily fixed, and almost ALL my lights have needed DIY service to fix this. I consider it more like routine maintenance.

dsc03533w.jpg

dsc03532p.jpg

jcw122

Enlightened
Tightened it up, and tried changing batteries...still doesn't work :( Guess it's time to break out the multimeter...