Pic request- HDS and surefires

SpyderHS08

Enlightened
Hey guys,

Im looking into getting an HDS systems tactical light and was wondering if some of you could post pics of yours up against some surefires. I looked for some comparison pictures but I couldnt find anything really good. I have the following sf's - E1e, E1b, E1L, L1, 6p, LX2 and M6. If you guys could post up some shots of them next to each other and then some frontal or top views that would be awesome.

thanks cpf!

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
The HDS with the clip is the clicky and the one without the clip is the rotary. The frontal head shot is of both HDS clicky (Osram GDP emitter) as well as rotary (Cree XP-G). The taller HDS light is the 100 lumen high CRI with an optional 17670 tube.

Hope this helps.

AP2_3852.jpg

AP2_3851.jpg

AP2_3850.jpg

AP2_3849.jpg

AP2_3845.jpg

AP2_3846.jpg

AP2_3847.jpg

Nachtwacht

Newly Enlightened
Great comparison pictures, pjandyho. Very useful to see the UB3T compared to the M6, LX2 and HDS Rotary. Thanks.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome guys! I hardly put up photos of my lights but since I am kind of free today I thought it might be a good idea to do so.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might be demanding a lot but... if ever you have time... :whistle:

If your Golden Dragon HDS is a 140, I would be very curious to see how it compares to a XP-G 200 CW on outside beamshots at max level...

I simply LOVE my 140 but I'm wondering if I'm completely outdated on the output.

Again, only if you feel like it and got time! Thanks !

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will try when I could do it. Mine is the 170 model if you are still interested. Unfortunately I stay in a very light polluted country and could only do beam shots in a remote island over some weekend camping trips.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perfect comparison pics brother! Thanks so much for doing so, thats just what I needed

You are most welcome. I was only trying to help in your decision making. Be it HDS or Surefire, they are all fantastic lights. I love them all!

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
No need to if it's a 170, I was looking for an exact output comparison shot. Thanks anyway !

( I must admit I was secretly hoping for great pictures like your night trekking thread :devil: !!!)

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
( I must admit I was secretly hoping for great pictures like your night trekking thread :devil: !!!)

I would be doing something like that again the moment I get ahold of the new high CRI rotary. Would like to compare it to the older high CRI clicky as well as the Malkoff M61HCRI module. So, keep a lookout for it. :)

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! I did not expect the combat ring to fit onto the Quark. Love the GITD you have there on the L1. I just don't know where to find it in Singapore and it wouldn't make sense to order from overseas and pay like $15 shipping for a ring. What's the black light in the center? It looks like a lego of some sort with a 6P head? What drop-in is in there?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I knew the dimensions on paper but WHITAKERS i never realized just how much smaller the t1a is than the backup. Great photos, thanks for taking the time!'
Actually it is not that small. My Quark MiNi 123 is much smaller and brighter but the UI just makes the T1A so addictive to play with. It is my backup EDC together with the HDS rotary, and also the neutral white stainless Preon ReVO on my key chain.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! I did not expect the combat ring to fit onto the Quark. Love the GITD you have there on the L1. I just don't know where to find it in Singapore and it wouldn't make sense to order from overseas and pay like $15 shipping for a ring. What's the black light in the center? It looks like a lego of some sort with a 6P head? What drop-in is in there?
Top to bottom: E2DL tailcap, Aleph 1 body, unknown C to E adapter, Z44. It was Lego'd for the picture and doesn't have a light engine in it.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Top to bottom: E2DL tailcap, Aleph 1 body, unknown C to E adapter, Z44. It was Lego'd for the picture and doesn't have a light engine in it.

Put a Malkoff in there. Would be nice. I like the look of the second one from the left too. What is that may I ask?