Zebralight H31 faulty?

Danielsan

Enlightened
Hello,

i received my first "good" flashlight, im not a flashaholic and i never had good flashlights. I wanted a small pocket light for every day and orderd the ZL H31. The light arrived from Hong Kong after 3 Weeks in Germany. In the first hours everything was nice but then the light started to flicker, changes from super low in a new invented mega low mode :)

Next thing when i press and hold the button for 0.8 sec normally the low mode appeares but now the high mode kicks in, so when i klick the button fast i get the high mode and when i klick slowly i also get the high mode. The low mode is kind of gone, i can get the low mode only when i press and hold the button and switch between the modes. And most of the time the low mode flickers like crazy. My batterie was 100% new and sealed, should i try a new batterie? The batterie cant be empty cause i played with the light for some minutes. The dealer in hing Kong said he tested the light bevore shipping. Is this a common problem with ZL H31 lights?

Danielsan

Enlightened
now the low mode is totally gone, i have only medium and high, it wasnt the batterie, its the light. My first and last Zebralight, are all Hong Kong flashlights like this? Because my first flashlight was a romisen for 10 Euro, it died 4 days after i purchases, then the Hong Kong dealer send me another one, also died. My life was without a flashlight until yesterday when this Zebralight arrived and its faulty again. I wonder why all the ppl here have working flashlights or are they all paid from china ?

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try cleaning the contact points in the switch. The spring, end of the batter tube, and the brass ring under the spring. One of the weak points on the ZL's are the switches. They have to be cleaned. De-oxit works best, but you probably don't have any, so use some rubbing alcohol on a swab.

Danielsan

Enlightened
thank you for the help, im not into electronics, i cleaned the springs, that wasnt a big deal but the switch? I dont know how i can disassemble the head, it looks like its fixed, its one piece design. Or i need to pull the rubber button away? I have fear to destroy it completely. Can the switch really be the reason that the low mode is gone? I thought this is a digital switch button.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for the incorrect terms. Usually the switch is in the tail, which is why I said switch. In this case, however, it's not. I should have said tail cap. Clean all the contact points in the tail cap. It might fix it. Or it might be a software problem.

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
It is worth trying a new battery, also try tightening the tailcap more tightly, if that and cleaning all contact doesn't fix the problem you may need to return the light to the seller to be repaired/replaced.

Last edited:

Latest posts