Can anyone compare TK21 and SC600?

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a TK21 and am very pleased with the performance; however, I also have my eye on a SC600. I would like to know from anyone with first hand experience with the two how they would compare in overall brightness, throw, beam quality, ergonomics, etc.

The TK21 has great throw for its size. Much better than any P60 XML drop-ins I've used before which are mostly floody.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks tre! Great comparison link.

As expected the tk21 is much more the thrower, but the size comparison shows the sc600 is a really small light. I just got a new download 8th run pocket rocket and I am real curious how the two compare. I may have to pull the trigger on that light

PhosCosmos

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought both of these lights. The SC600 is definitely floodier; however it is also noticeably brighter. Not to say that the TK21 is not bright; it is. My SC600 also gives off a bit whiter light. Still both are pretty white. The SC600 is also quite a bit smaller than the Fenix. In fact the Zebra light ends where the TK21's head begins. Both are definitely nice lights.

Big Sam

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought both of these lights. The SC600 is definitely floodier; however it is also noticeably brighter. Not to say that the TK21 is not bright; it is. My SC600 also gives off a bit whiter light. Still both are pretty white. The SC600 is also quite a bit smaller than the Fenix. In fact the Zebra light ends where the TK21's head begins. Both are definitely nice lights.

My SC600 just came in yesterday and I've had the TK21 for a few months. I agree with the comments above. I used to think the TK21 was a lot of light for it's size until the SC600 showed up. It is tiny by comparison. There is no doubt the TK21 has a better throw but that is only important if a floodier light is bad. Just depends on the situation.

Usually the best light is the one you have in your pocket when the lights go out and that will probably be neither of these lights. The SC seems more flexible to me. Time will tell which one will proves to be the workhorse light. Finally, the TK has the advantage of running on 123's as well. These are the things I sort through when considering these fine lights. Glad to have both.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with everything BigSam just said.

The Fenix runs at about 1.3A on High. The SC600 runs right about 1.3-1.4A on the 500L settings. On the 750L setting I measured 2.0A to the LED, thus the extra brightness.

Personally I am going to be putting my SC600 on the WTS tonight for a few reasons.
- Doesn't use CR123 cells which could matter in a pinch.
- Any time I will need the lumens the SC600 produces it will be more desirable if it comes with throw.
- There is something funky with the way the reflector collimates the LED light. The center beam color looks okayish, but the spill is very purply.
- I find the ZL UI starts to annoy me after a while. L1, L2, L2 - low, L2 - high. Oye!

ZL lights are still very well constructed. My SC51w will always be my go to AA light for emergency and backup.

Overall for me, the TK21 is the better light.