Light Stores of Interest in Central Alabama?

glockriver

Newly Enlightened
I've got to go to Nashville, TN on a 2 day business trip next week. I'll be driving up I-65 from Montgomery to Nashville and was wondering if there are any light stores of interest to stop at. If I were going through Atlanta, I'd hit GoingGear, and I still may come back that way. So other that Bass Pro Shops in Prattville, and the Academy's along the way, any where I should stop by.

Thanks

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is really no stores in or around the Nashville area that carry a variety of light's but if your into Surefire their is a very good store about 30 minutes southeast of Nashville called Outpost Armory. They carry any and everything Surefire and Streamlight you could probably want, they also have a nice selection of knives like Spyderco, Kershaw and Microtech, oh and they are owned by members of Barrett family so if you want to own or check out a Barrett 50 cal. then that is your place. :)

http://theoutpostarmory.com/

If you come up I-65 towards Nashville you can cut across 840 towards Knoxville and then take I-24 towards Chattanooga, the Outpost is near the Murfreesboro TN. area and really not that far out of your way considering the store is right off the interstate exit and when you leave you can take I-24 straight into Nashville. If you go come up through Georgia then then you will drive right past it on I-24. If your a firearm or Surefire enthusiast it's probably worth your time checking out, I mean the store is shaped and concreted in like a bunker so you know it's going to be good. :)

Last edited:

varmint

Enlightened
The Outpost is in Christina Tn next to Murfeesboro. Very well stocked, and very expensive. Its a must stop.

glockriver

Newly Enlightened
Well. I didn't make it to The Outpost, or Bass Pro in Nashville either. I was able to stop by the Bass Pro in Prattville, AL on the way back. They must be going to stop carrying Surefire, because there were none on the shelf and only 2 in the glass case. The sales guy told me that once those 2 were gone, they would not get any more. I will be going back to Murfreesboro in a couple of weeks, so maybe I'll get by The Outpost then.