Fenix E21 Head

GoneNutsOnLED's

Newly Enlightened
Hi all just got myself a Fenix e21 i know you turn the head very slighty to adjust to low setting but just wondering can you unscrew the tip of the head to get to the led reflector ect ?

many thanks ........

kramer5150

Flashaholic
its glued together pretty well, so it cant easily be taken apart... IMHO. Yes it will void the warranty.

Curious though... why would you want to? The optics in my E21 are FLAWLESS. Perfectly symmetric beam, tight spot, few artifacts, pale white tint. Strangely... its my ONLY Fenix that uses a UCL coating. I can see the slight blue/rainbow colored tint when I look a an angle. Its pretty obvious when I compare it to my LD25, which uses the same head/bezel components.

Last edited:

RkyMtn

Newly Enlightened
its glued together pretty well, so it cant easily be taken apart... IMHO. Yes it will void the warranty.

Curious though... why would you want to? The optics in my E21 are FLAWLESS. Perfectly symmetric beam, tight spot, few artifacts, pale white tint. Strangely... its my ONLY Fenix that uses a UCL coating. I can see the slight blue/rainbow colored tint when I look a an angle. Its pretty obvious when I compare it to my LD25, which uses the same head/bezel components.

I agree with Kramer5150's assessment. I just checked mine and this appears to be the case. Lovely flashlight for the $. I also recommend Thrulight's Neutron A1, as it will also use 14500 batteries and kick the light output to 300 lumens and allow you to also use any AA battery. My favorite light for the size, so far.

GoneNutsOnLED's

Newly Enlightened

thank you for your repley .! much appreciated ,,glad i never forced it off phew.!lol i was just wondering if you could use a candle mode like the Mag Xl50 perfect wide flood..still a great torch..

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened

You must have a better one than I. Mine has a LED that is ever so slightly off center and is visible in the beam. Also, I don't seem to have a coating on my lens.

AaronG

Enlightened
the donut hole seems to be standard with xp-g + smooth reflector. My LD10 has it too. One of the things I appreciate with my V10R ti is the LOP reflector. IMO The hole is much more noticable than any gain in throw you might get from a smooth reflector.

hellokitty[hk]

Enlightened
How do you know it the lens are coated?
Mine has the sheen of a coated lens.

the donut hole seems to be standard with xp-g + smooth reflector. My LD10 has it too. One of the things I appreciate with my V10R ti is the LOP reflector. IMO The hole is much more noticable than any gain in throw you might get from a smooth reflector.
My E21 doesn't have an XP-g...

ico

Enlightened
AaronG said:

my E21 holds an xp-e emitter

kramer5150

Flashaholic
My E21 uses an XPE, not XPG.... and definitely has a UCL coating. My particular sample is a VERY well made light, rivaling many lights at a fraction of the price.

You can see the UCL coating when you look at the lens at a side angle. The reflections seen in the UCL lens surface will have a blue/purple color. I tried to take a picture but my camera does not show it at all. *EDIT* Look (at an angle) into a camera lens, Breitling wrist watch or Surefire E2L and you can see what a UCL coating looks like.

Last edited: