Incendio V3 Question

Frankiarmz

Enlightened
I would like to know if anyone owns the V3 model with the 550 lumen high output?
I have only seen this model advertised on one site and there is a warning that the high setting should only be used for no more than two minutes. I like the battery platform and other reviews of the V3 350 lumen model, but the xlm T6 with such a powerful high output is interesting. Thanks

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was lucky enough to have the $$$ and I liked my earlier Incendio so when I saw XML with 500 + lumens I made the move.
The beam is a cool white, cooler than my older Incendio. It is brighter. I didn't notice alot of heat problems since I didn't have the need to run HIGH for very long.
The clip is an improvement and I like the GITD tailcap. My initial EDC use of it was in more formal situations when I wanted to show less hardware on my belt. Normally I was EDCing an TerraLux Lightstar 80 neutral beam and a LumaPower Trust 2 .
Now I'm EDCing the XENO E03 neutral beam on 14500 instead. If I needed more throw sure I'd add another light (like ShiningBeam Pocket Rocket 18650 etc or my LP Trust 2, If I REALLY needed ALOT of throw I carry my Catapult V3 on two 18650 cells!)

The Incendio is probably more useful in some low light applications because of its lower setting. The E03 IMHO has a nicer beam.
The Incendio and Connexion and now Trust 2 are some of the better LPowers available. One potential other issue is RCR operation with the Incendio as none of my excellent BatteryJunction RCR 123s fit. only one from AW fits.

If you're a LP fan then you'll probably want to get the XML limited edition 500+ lumen Incendio.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frankiarmz, I hope you don't mind me asking a question about this light in your thread. :)

Has anyone tried IMR16340s on this V3 XM-L? I'm curious as to what kind of current it would pull.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
I have the xm-l version and I really like it. It's a pocket rocket and room sweeper coz of the big die and small reflector. I also have the gt kit to make it a thrower or to have a longer runtime or both.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
sorry another duplicate post

Last edited:

Frankiarmz

Enlightened
Guys, thank you for the useful feedback. I was concerned that the high setting was too unstable and made the flashlight more of a novelty. I will be placing an order soon, and the low setting really makes it perfect for my needs. I have been edcing a Ultrafire A1 for a couple years without any problems but it,s time for a quality flashlight. Thanks again. Frank

damn_hammer

Enlightened
I've been looking for a 1x123 sized light with a Neutral color temp LED (XP-G, but pref for XM-L) for some time to use for early morning/late afternoon trail runs. Based on the Incendio interface description it seems simple yet flexible without superfluous (for my uses) modes like strobe. A less defined hotspot, and brighter than the SC51c I've been using. Following the bouncing light, and locking one arm down messes with my stride.

I been holding off for what must be near a year, waiting for Sunwayman to release a V10r in a neutral emitter. I'm done waiting. They can't be serious about it if it's taking them this long.

Last edited:

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Guys, thank you for the useful feedback. I was concerned that the high setting was too unstable and made the flashlight more of a novelty."

No, it's actually quite useful on high. So long as you're holding it firmly it heatsinks to your hand and only gets hot to a point. I think you could run through a whole charge like this but I haven't tried it. It most certainly will get quite warm but not too hot to hold.

Now, tailstanding...that's another story. I wouldn't leave it more than about 5 minutes tailstanding. It does get hot when it doesn't have your hand to heatsink to.

Two things I highly recommend for this light. IMR16340 cells and the turbo head. :cool:

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fits fine in my pocket with the turbo head. It's still short with the turbo head installed using the short tube. However, I can certainly see where you wouldn't want to EDC the turbo head with tight jeans. I EDC it with loose shorts or with blue jeans and an untucked shirt.

The difference in throw between the two heads is huge...it's a different light.

lebox97

Enlightened
with the Incendio V3U XM-L 550 lumen edition - I measure:
1000 LUX w/ stock head
6800 LUX w/ Turbo Head

on MAX mode - it's too hot to hold after around 2 minutes runtime and LP advises to not run it for longer than that on max...
but it IS quite the pocket rocket
;)

Tod

Fits fine in my pocket with the turbo head. It's still short with the turbo head installed using the short tube. However, I can certainly see where you wouldn't want to EDC the turbo head with tight jeans. I EDC it with loose shorts or with blue jeans and an untucked shirt.

The difference in throw between the two heads is huge...it's a different light.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
What I observed is, with the stock head the light will heat up fast on high. But with the turbo head installed, the light will heat up slowly coz the heat will be transfer to the big head thus runtime on high is a little longer.