Fenix E01 LED Swap

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone pulled it off, Im wanting to buy a couple of E01 and change them up a bit, maybe a blue one and a red one, also like the sound of a UV one.

Im not sure if its a straight forward desolder and solder in a new LED , Im not at all clued up on forward voltage and input current going to x driver etc.

Where should I look for LEDs, what brand, voltage, brightness?

Would this UV LED be a good place to start http://www.ledsupply.com/l7-0-u5th15-1.php See I notice it has a voltage 3.6V but my AAA battery outputs 1.5V less if I run nimh.

Help guys.

Or if there are any better UV torches for less than a couple of bucks with decent wavelength UV leds in them (<375nm +- 10nm)

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the link.

But how come Novatacs and the such are easy to swap emitters in seeing as they are voltage regulated.

If I put a more effiicient emitter in the E01 id would be brighter right?

tam17

Enlightened
I hope we'll get a competent answer from some of our modding experts :anyone:

I'm not perfectly satisfied with my E01's tint and beam profile so I've tried diffusing it with quite satisfactory results (thx rookiedaddy;)), but swapping a stock emitter for a more efficient one would be the real thing.

As far as I understand, E01's driver is specifically built for Nichia GS (its Vf taken into account) so there is a possibility of frying the swap LED (or driver itself) if you miss the correct ohm value of the current-limiting resistor. (I may be wrong, though :thinking:)

Cheers,

Tam