Surefire L2 15/100 lumens....

JTElectric

Newly Enlightened
^^^ yeah, my butt! I was using my L2 again tonight, I think it's a later version, but it has a perfect tint, perfect wall of light/spot combo-I like it better than my old L5 or L4-and the 15 lumen :sssh: low is great. It also casts light over 200' to the side of the school north of me, with ambient light around. I couldn't identify someone at that range of course, but it lit up the shadows enough to see if there was a person there! Maybe I got Dr. Matthews personal one, but this light ain't never getting sold! :tinfoil:

That's all. No point to this post, just bragging on how awesome my L2 is haha! If it was 1" shorter it would be be EDC, no question. I'll just keep using my L1/E1B clip combo until I get tired of that! :thumbsup:

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
I love mine too! I did edc it for about a year. I would have a set of batteries last me about a year due to the low setting. I LOVE THE FLOOD ON IT!!

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
Just came back across this thread again. Upon thinking about the L2 and my experiences with other lights I came to the conclusion that the L2 is the perfect light for me. I went from the L2 to the P3D and discovered that I did not like the reverse clicky. The momentary button on the L2 is perfect for those short burst of light. Also, flipping through the modes was cumbersome.

From there I moved to the Fenix E20 and realized that flood is what I liked. The LX2 also help in showing me that the tight spotty beam was annoying.

When I tried to "fix" the LX2 by adding a diffuser it was too floody for me. At that point I realized that the beam pattern of the L2 was perfect. Later the Quark X confirmed that.

I stopped carrying the L2 due to its length. But a comment here on CPF made me think again about the length issue. Someone commented that the L2 fits perfectly in the hand. I had noticed that too but had not really thought about it. The length of a flashlight is not as important to me as the width. A long light carries better in the pocket than a fat light.

With that in mind I decided to carry the L2 again. This time I stocked up on them so I will have them in the future incase something happens to one or two.

So now I am back with a dinosaur. I know, it's an old light that no one cares about any more; old LED, inefficient and not too bright according to today's standards. So be it.

Maybe for you who read this it will bring back fond memories of years gone by.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
I think sometimes it is not a matter of more light, but just the right amount of light. I used to have two L2s and probably would have carried them more if they didn't whine on low so loudly! I can rig up a fake L2 with my KL4 scoutlight head on my AZ2.... you are right, the beam is prefect on those.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is one of my favorite Surefire lights too! :thumbsup:

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
I think sometimes it is not a matter of more light, but just the right amount of light. I used to have two L2s and probably would have carried them more if they didn't whine on low so loudly! I can rig up a fake L2 with my KL4 scoutlight head on my AZ2.... you are right, the beam is prefect on those.

Mine whines too. It seems that the later versions of the light whined less.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up a Milky modded L2. It was updated with a SSC P4. It is a very useful light.

I have a stock L2 that I always take camping. I put a minimag white traffic cone on it and it makes a perfect table candle on low!