multi mode switch for Maglite?

redswr

Newly Enlightened
is there any out there? i've searched in here but couldn't find what i was looking for... thanks guys

Havenot

Newly Enlightened
aw softstart switch for the D Mag they got them at lighthound it has 3 modes and uses bi pin bulbs really nice upgrade the catch is that its 75 or 80 bucks +shipping

redswr

Newly Enlightened
aw softstart switch for the D Mag they got them at lighthound it has 3 modes and uses bi pin bulbs really nice upgrade the catch is that its 75 or 80 bucks +shipping

ouch... yeah thats a little more than i'm looking to spend..lol. Maybe one of these days, guess i'll just keep a cheap small light around for when i need to sneak instead of spot. Thanks!

redswr

Newly Enlightened
wait...i just looked at it, it's just the light that uses the stock switch? thats kinda cool... it didn't have the Mag listed though for what it works with

redswr

Newly Enlightened
You're probably looking at the Surefire softstart switch, rather than the Maglite switch and lamp holder.

This is what you are after: -

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Incan-Driver-Soft-Start-amp-Multi-Brightness
awesome yeah thats pretty much what i'm going for but i'm pretty sure i'm going to be converting to LED. didn't know that the light and the switch had to be together for it to work right, thought that i could find just a new switch to use with like a Malkoff drop in

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
Not really had any dealings with Malkoff. Do they not have any multi mode options for their drop ins?

Normally when dealing with LEDs, you would have a circuit board built in to the light module that allows for the output of the module to be changed, rather than that feature being built in to the switch. The difference is that when dealing with incandescent bulbs, you are normally changing the output by altering the voltage, whereas with LEDs, you are altering the current.

redswr

Newly Enlightened
Not really had any dealings with Malkoff. Do they not have any multi mode options for their drop ins?

Normally when dealing with LEDs, you would have a circuit board built in to the light module that allows for the output of the module to be changed, rather than that feature being built in to the switch. The difference is that when dealing with incandescent bulbs, you are normally changing the output by altering the voltage, whereas with LEDs, you are altering the current.
hmm... i see, that makes sense. Malkoff doens't have anything that i've seen, the drop in is just the LED and heat sink. I'm still trying to figure out where to makes posts on Mag conversions... i guess in the homemade/mod

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
Yes, probably the best location to post about these sort of enquiries - right now we're talking about LEDs in the incandescent forum! :naughty: That is why we initially thought you were after a multi-mode incan driver such as AW's.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
damn, I did some searches, even at a shop around here, where I know they offered that part ...
but nothing found.

There was something!
Looked like a brass "disc", a few mm thick.
About the diameter of a D-cell.
Had to be put between cells and spring/end part of the Mag and then acted like we know the led-divers:
short on - off - on ... and switches to next level.
Was three level, iicr.

... of course for normal incan flashlights

redswr

Newly Enlightened
Yes, probably the best location to post about these sort of enquiries - right now we're talking about LEDs in the incandescent forum! :naughty: That is why we initially thought you were after a multi-mode incan driver such as AW's.
Yeah I posted before I knew there was a difference between a switch for LED and incondesent... I thought I could by just the switch and have it nothing to do with the light