Need advice on getting an LED light as a gift ...

cmeisenzahl

Enlightened
Looking to get an LED light for a friend, limit of about $35.

Any recommendations? I love my Arc AAA and that's most likely what I'll get if I don't get a better idea.

Maybe an Arc AA?

By the way, does Arc AA shine brighter or last longer than the AAA?

Thanks very much,

Christopher
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

onelight

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The ARC-AAA IMHO is a great gift the AA should be= in brightness with probably more than 2x the run time and the advantage of lithium cells if wanted.I have 2 AA ARC on order but will still edc the AAA. Right now in dealers corner you will find a great price on the AAA you could get it and a SF-G2 in that price range. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif ps should have said brinkman LX

JJHitt

Enlightened
What size are you looking for. I think the StreamLight Pro-polymer 4AA is very good buy for anyone you are trying to turn into a True Believer.

But it wont fit on no keychain.

onelight

Enlightened
Inretechs adapters are long running and put out a good flood of light and brighten even more with lithium cells.I have several and have ordered several for friends.Good lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif big big improvement over standard mini-mag.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thining of investigating the Streamlight 3AA Luxeon LED light myself. I don't think it's worth paying extra for regulation for a Christmas gift to the non-flashaholic as they will not really care or appreciate the difference. 3AA non regulated Luxeon lights perform much better then 2AA non regulated Luxeon lights when using alkaline AA's which is what most people are going to do.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
You haven't said what size, is this for EDC?

The ARC-AA will run longer than the AAA at the expense of it's trim size. The AAA is the max I'd put on my keychain.

bigger,but still small is...

The Princeton Tec Attitude. It's a trim 3-LED, 4-AAA light. It's about 5 inches long, the head is an inch in diameter. Long runtime.

Bigger still...

Another option would be Streamlight's Twin Task 2 litium light. You have both 3-LED's and hi-intensity incandescent. About $30 from some of our banner advertisers.

GregR