Kel Light?

varmint

Enlightened
I have a very old Kel Light 4 D with quite a story behind it, does anyone ever use them or anyone want to trade for it, its just sitting on a shelf.

Last edited:

Hill

Enlightened
That's a very rare light these days. Is it in good shape?

Could be a collector's item.

Last edited:

varmint

Enlightened
external its seen lots of use, was carried on duty for yrs, it had quite a story behind it, the switch works fine, bulb and reflector seems ok, internally it had some leakage yrs back and was cleaned and oiled to prevent more damage, I believe it would work fine with batteries and a good cleaning. This light was involved in a bank robbery, chase,shoot out with the robbers. It belonged to a Dallas PD officer that was shot with it in his possession, I have the name of the officer if needed, all this can be verified, I was given all his duty possessions yrs ago, it went back to Safariland, KelLight, for a tune up after the shooting and was re anodised by them. It just sets on a shelf in my garage, I will never use it anymore, I am not a collector, I just use lights every night here on the ranch, if someone is interested in it let me know, if I remember it says Dallas PD on it and a name, just a well used duty light. 4 d cell

Hill

Enlightened
Very interesting history!

Sounds like it should remain "stock", i.e. no cut down, and be outfitted with a new light engine. All my mods are done by hand, but this jewel needs a machinist to do it justice.

Using 4D NimH 10,000 mAh cells driving an XM-L to 3A would have great long runtime @ full power :thumbsup:

varmint

Enlightened
If anyone is interested contact me for more info. I am flashlight dumb! I could email pics if needed.