What edc made you think...finally

340wedge

Newly Enlightened
What light made you breathe a sigh of relief thinking I've finally found the perfect edc?

Like most I imagine I've went through alot of lights before finding one that is just right. Mines a modded hds clicky. What was yours? Or are you still looking?

Lumenz

Enlightened
First, it was the HDS Clicky. Then the HDS Rotary was announced and I thought that would be the perfect light. Then I got the new Peak QTC lights and those are the "perfect" lights for me. I don't need strobe mode or programmable flashlights; I just need the ability to quickly ramp it from low -> high -> low. Peak QTC lights do that for me at a good price.

samuraishot

Enlightened
I've finally found mine. It was a Surefire E1B. It wasn't enough so I sent it to Milkyspit and he transformed it to what he dubbed as the Expurgator. He dropped in a a Cree xp-g r51c behind an optic, which gave me a bright and crisp white hotspot with a good amount of throw and just enough spill. His Califon firmware gives me three different UI's plus a miser mode. I then added a McGizmo McTc tail cap w/ a McClicky to tailstand when needed. The final touch was a Surefire FM54 to give a smooth beam instead of a hotspot.

For me, I think I found my perfect EDC.

SolemnSight

Banned
definitely 4sevens
specifically:: regular quark 123^2
anybody? ;-]
moonlight! and big hot spot, compact
edit: also switchable clip (have yet to be able to if i really want to - hat)
:)

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS high CRI clicky... i never gave it a second thought about which light i put in my pocket.

but recently, i started carrying around a SWM V10R Ti... and realize I use tailstanding alot, the smaller size and control ring is also nice.... so, maybe i found my new EDC? its cool tint, so ill find out after i swap the LED with a high CRI xpg.

Richub

Enlightened
When I saw a Fenix E05 review on CPF, I felt it would be a perfect jeanspocket EDC.
I ordered it, and I was right about that. :)

Same thing about the Fenix TK15, I immediately realized that the second button mode switching is far superior over the head twisting UI of the TKL12 I already owned.
I bought it, and it's been a EDC backpack favorite since then. (Together with my LD40)

LowFlux

Enlightened
Sunwayman V10R Titanium. Vanishes in the pocket, has the bling factor of titanium, and the infinitely variable ring ensures you have as much or as little light as you could possibly need. Takes RCR123 as well as primaries. Not the brightest light out there but well regulated and plenty of light for EDC tasks.

I keep the G5, M1X, or M60/M61 P60 single-mode in my backpack (also an EDC) for everything else. :naughty:

mrlysle

Enlightened
HDS rotary kinda took the place of my 170 clicky. But I also carry a ZL SC600 in a custom made holster. Between the 2, they're perfect. Just one though? Probably the SC600. Sweet low,low, with incredible runtimes, and enough high to light up anything I would need, and still with incredible runtimes from an AW 2900.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
My EDC shopping spree ended when I got my HDS high CRI Clicky.

It has its flaws (CR123 rather than AA, throwier than I like, too wide for pocket carry) but no other light gives me as much consistent pleasure to use.

--flatline

River17

Newly Enlightened
A humble SureFire E1L, the current 3/45 dual-mode version. Only change I made was to replace the stock clip with one of those great two-way clips off of one of my E1Bs.

I wasn't attempting to replace my previous EDC, I just carried it a couple days in a row to change up the routine and despite being relatively unimpressive performance-wise it was (and is) plenty adequate for 90% of my "daily" uses. Funny thing though is I didn't even realize just how much I had begun using it until a few weeks later... one day I suddenly noticed that I had hardly used any of my other lights in what seemed like forever, but by then I was hooked.

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS Rotary... Could change to HDS High CRI clicky or rotary in the future.

Satanta

Newly Enlightened
Well, I'm not a Flashaholic [tho my wife might argue that one since I spent the last month researching lights. :D]] I got my first 'real' light last week, an EagleTac P20A2 MKii and I'm tickled. I can finally see in the dark at variable distances and situations.

Now, I have one more I plan to get but it is for specific uses and not EDC like my ET.

mattevt

Newly Enlightened
As i can't bring myself to pay 200 for a single flashlight (read "can't afford") yet, I will say the Fenix PD31 is currently my ideal light. It took a while to get over the fact that it wasn't a forward clicky. However if it wasn't for the reverse clicky, it wouldn't have the UI that I find so helpful in my daily applications. The PD31 is the perfect size and has a nice, tight hot spot and a very usable spill. Head tight turns on to Max, head loose turns on to Low and can be increased to Med and High with a light tap. Eventually I'll get either an HDS Rotary or a Deft EDC. I'll figure it out when I actually have 200 to spend on one flash light. But, of the 8 "real" lights I have, I'm very attached to this one.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
definitely 4sevens
specifically:: regular quark 123^2
anybody? ;-]
moonlight! and big hot spot, compact
edit: also switchable clip (have yet to be able to if i really want to - hat)
:)

I run a 17670 in mine and it has a great runtime/brightness to size ratio.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
What edc made you think...finally

It was probably when Maglite & SureFire finally released their respective LED Solitaire & 1xAA Titan.

153l4it.jpg

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine's a modified Quark AA Ti. It's been upgraded with a 90-CRI XP-G. Normally runs on 14500. I keep a Ti CR123 tube loaded with a 16340 as a spare battery carrier. This means I can run any AA, CR123 primaries and 16340 rechargeables. Ultimate power source flexibility, lots of useful modes, Ti durability, beautiful tint and colour rendition.