Wiseled tactical 2600 or Fenix TK70?

3Cylinders

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone compare these two lights as far as beam pattern goes? I understand that the Wiseled will run longer at the same (slightly higher) power level and is a bit smaller, but I'm mostly wondering if anyone can compare the beam pattern and throw of these two lights. The TK70 runtime seems to be a little less than advertised (or is at least misleading). If the Wiseled throws as well as the TK70, I'll probably get it if the discount is still available. The extra runtime is worth the money to me. Can anyone confirm that the 35% discount is still available? Thank you.

3Cylinders

Newly Enlightened
Wow, nobody has experience with both lights? Does anyone at least know if the discount for the Wiseled is still available?

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
If it was my choice, i would go for the WiseLED, no doubt.
The throw on it is not as good as on the TK70, but a big + with the WiseLED is that it's upgradeable :)

I think the reason why the WiseLEd isn't very popular here is because of the price and not so much advertising. To me, it's one of the best built flashlights in the world

I've tried one of their special-made lights, a WiseLED tactical XM-L, blasting out more than 5000 OTF lumen! It was insane, but due to the heat WiseLED will problaly not offer this light to the public, but if they did, they would offer it as a upgrade to the Tactical 2600 :)

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
Wow, I just looked up the wiseled prices ... holy crap.

Now, they look like nice lights for sure ... but at ~ 900 bucks US versus the tk70 @ ~ 205 after discounts ... that's like 4.5x the price.

You have to seriously justify the light, technology, performance and ergonomics to choose the WiseLed over the tk70.

Did you mention that there's a 35% discount off WiseLed currently? That's still ~ close to 600 bucks ... ~ 3x more expensive than the tk70.

Okay, the WiseLed comes with batteries etc ... the tk70 needs to be fed ... but even with nimh d's and a nice charger you're still looking at ~ 300 bucks or so.

Anyways, i'm babbling. IMO, it's only a comparison if you can get the discount, if not, it's too expensive from my view (are you rich?)

You can see beamshots of tk70 from various threads and at Fonarik, an awesome site. No WiseLed beamshots though.

Enlightened
Actually if you bring in the discounts, HKEquipment is able to offer the TK70 at usd183 shipped with tracking. It takes anything from 1-2 weeks to arrive in US, but there are many who are international customers as well. Someone is going to try 3.7V Li Co and another is going to try the LiFePo4, if they work then you can even use your hobby charger or Ultrafire WF-188. (which I have) or just get some magnets. HKE sells pretty ok battery adapters, just wire them up internally for dummy operation.

Last edited:

3Cylinders

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, there is a big price difference. What really sucks is that I already have a Maha charger and 6 D NiMH cells, so really all I would need to get the TK70 up and running is the light itself. Assuming a discount on the Wiseled, that's a little more than 3 times the price, but I would use the light for my day job occasionally, in the outdoors somewhat frequently and in the occasional S&R. I'm all about saving money where I can, but assuming similar beam throw and spread, the Wiseled makes more sense for me due to its' smaller size (I can fit it into the backpack I carry everywhere) and extended runtime (3 hours on highest setting vs. 1 hour for TK70). In other words, I suspect the TK70 would end up sitting in the trunk of the car a lot more, while the Wiseled would actually get used more since it would be readily at hand. I guess I already know the Wiseled would be more useful to me, I just want to find out if there is a huge difference in Beam pattern, especially throw.
Thank you everyone for your input.