LED Doorhandle

aceo07

Enlightened
Very cool. I do see some potential issues with it though. Nothing that can't be fixed.

1. The handle connection to the flashlight seems short/weak. If someone turns it too hard I could imagine it breaking off.
2. After the flashlight portion is taken off, it could be hard to turn the handle to open the door.

Definitely very cool. I would buy if it I had a house/office and the price was reasonable.

borrower

Enlightened
I could see this being decent if it was a removeable lamp that fit into a cradle that was a fully functional door handle. I'm a little dubious that the action of opening and closing the door will recharge it. Maybe solar?

silentlurker

Newly Enlightened
Awesome idea, bit it's the handle functionality is what gets me. How are you supposed to operate the door once you remove the handle? They never mentioned that part of it to us, did they?

Napalm

Enlightened
I love this. In a year or two we could have some undead "the most important doorhandle i've ever owned" threads.

nap. :party:

maskman

Newly Enlightened
I would think it could serve its purpose on a bedroom swinging closet door. More of an obstacle than getting into a closet during a power outage would be getting the better half to allow a mismatched door handle be in the house. Just my 2 cents.

The Shadow

Newly Enlightened
Gets my vote for dumbest idea ever.

Emergency - panic - escape... well the first guy gets out OK with his door-handle flashlight. Everyone else gets trapped in a dark room with a missing doorknob...