New flashlight brand Klarus looks awesome so far.

cplusplus

Newly Enlightened
It looks like a good brand. It's a UK manufacturer. I'm planning on getting the ST20 torch looks awesome. The only problem I have with Klarus is that some of their lights are ANSI lumen rating some are not. Share your comments on Klarus here

Sales Link Removed Rule #6 - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
The XT20 with two XML has me excited and I like that it's one button for on/off and another for modes.
There's more info in the CPF marketplace ;)

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Klarus is made in China, but they do make some nice lights.
It looks like a good brand. It's a UK manufacturer. I'm planning on getting the ST20 torch looks awesome. The only problem I have with Klarus is that some of their lights are ANSI lumen rating some are not. Share your comments on Klarus here

flame2000

Enlightened

It's made in China....bro! :)

From Klarus official website:
"Klarus Lighting Technology Co., Ltd is a leading manufacturer of
state-of-the-art, illumination tools. Extremely durable and reliable with the ability to excel in all weather conditions, our product line is designed to meet the extreme demands of Law Enforcement and the Military but priced to serve anyone that wishes to buy them for general outdoor use.

Located in Shenzhen, Guangdong, China, Klarus is comprised of a well versed and experienced R&D team with some of the best and brightest engineers and designers in the industry. We can proudly say Klarus is a leader with regulated circuit efficiency technology, offering the best fit and finish quality products produced in our modern high performance CNC machining center."

Klarus Lighting Technology Co., Ltd.
4A,Longsheng Business Mansion, West of Heping Road,
Longhua Town, Bao'an district, Shenzhen city,
Guangdong Province, China
www.klaruslight.com
Email:
[email protected]

Phone: +86-755-27700110

Fax: +86-755-27753445

kj2

Flashaholic
Maybe a stupid question, but; why are there so many flashlight manufacturers that are located in Shenzhen,China?

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
hehe... a quality UK manufacturered torch would probably cost more than.... any other brand??

Shenzhen, in the region of Guangdong aka Canton. Is where many of the factories and manufacturers of China are.

basballny2

Newly Enlightened
from what i understand there not that new......i have an nt20 i bought about a month ago and love it for what i use it for. my buddy has the xt10 and loves it as well.

samm

Newly Enlightened
I have a couple, NT10 and XT10 and really like them, no problems whatsoever and well thought out imo.

ganymede

Enlightened
Maybe a stupid question, but; why are there so many flashlight manufacturers that are located in Shenzhen,China?

Close proximity to Hong Kong and other major ports, a major advantage for businesses that export majority of their products.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am totally happy with my current Klarus lights and I am looking forward to more EDC types:

v5aagg.jpg

SCROOGE McDUCK

Newly Enlightened
I carry an XT10 with me every day and absolutely love it. I have beaten the crap out of the thing and it still works perfectly. I also really like the switch on it.

Last edited:

Enlightened

A lot of companies / manufacturers are located there. Electronics, clothings/apparels etc. They use Guanzhou as a lot of air and sea freight goes from there. They can use Guangzhou or HK SAR as the bases, depends on how the company likes to operate and how they freight out.

Another place is YiWu, in Zhejiang province. Closest place i can give you for a frame of reference would be Suzhou or perhaps you'd be more aware of Shanghai. They do a lot of small stuff there, like plastic bags, nail clippers, scissors, chopsticks etc. Mainly sea freight. Eg, 80% of the world's nail clippers are from there, no joke.

For fireworks it would be Liuyang. Most of the fireworks you see are from there.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am totally happy with my current Klarus lights and I am looking forward to more EDC types:

v5aagg.jpg

+1 & nice Klarus collection Kilovolt! Plea to Klarus: make more lights like the two on the right (head twist without a tailswitch), but either lose the keyring altogether or at least incorporate it in such a way to allow for tailstanding.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested in the XT20 too. I would have preferred 2 x 18650 side by side though (like the TK35) as this would make the perfect pocket sized light canon without the "happy-to-see-you" look.

CPFled

Newly Enlightened

I think i got the hots for the KLARUS NT10, it looks very nice.

Last edited:

Scubie67

Enlightened
I wonder why some companies build mult lens lights rather than combining multi LEDs in to one Lens/reflector? Fenix does both with their TK 45 and the Tk 70.