Good MIA carry flashlights - Surefire alternatives?

Exdeath

Newly Enlightened
I've got an E2DL right now and I'm looking for something more powerful, like around 400-500 lumens - a strobe would be great too, and USA-made. Preferably I'd want something under 6" long so it's actually man-portable, so that rules out most of SF's bigger alternatives/the upcoming rechargeable lights. What else is there? The only thing I know of that fits my specs would be a M91 Elzetta. Any suggestions would be great.

Also, I have a Surefire U2 lying around, so if that could be modded up to the lumen spec I want, that'd be a great alternative as well. Any ideas?

precisionworks

Flashaholic
I have a Surefire U2 lying around, so if that could be modded up to the lumen spec I want, that'd be a great alternative as well.
Check out Milky's thread in Custom B/S/T. He mods a U2 by installing four LEDS and calls it a U2+2. IMO, it is one of the nicest conversions to ever come out of Milky's shop.

SeanHatfield

Newly Enlightened
So i wasn't the only one who thought that "Missing in Action" doesn't make any sense in the title?

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Made in USA, comparable to Surefire, 400-500 lumens, under 6", strobe....

Sounds like absolutely nothing I know of in production. You could always go for a C2, Z2, 6P, etc with a clicky and custom XM-L drop in to get Hi-Lo-Strobe.