Armytech Predator Noob questions

dondulah

Newly Enlightened
I have decided on an Armytek Predator for my next purchase. I have a questions for those of your with the OP reflector. How is the throw? I do want this model to have some decent throw outdoors, but like some of the indoor OP reflector beam shots. If the throw is not sacrificed severely I will go with the OP.

Also i noticed there are new LED options. I mean I want a fairly neutral tint, but don't want to sacrifice output. I noticed an R4 and CRI option on their site, but not much description in real world. Any recommendations if output/beam quality is my primary concern. Thanks!

Last edited:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
a neutral tint XP-G, you wont be sacrificing many lumens. you probably wont even notice the lumens difference, but the tint difference you will.

I have the high CRI version, and i think armytek said the high CRI XP-G is 310 emitter lumens, while the R5 cool tint is about 490 emitter lumens. its a big hit in lumens, but well worth it to me. but thats my preference.
armytek also said the neutral tint is 400+ emitter lumens, but i can remember the exact number. its all in the thread of their sub-forum.

the beam on mine has some minor rings on a white wall. but during use i dont notice it. i dont have the OP reflector so cannot comment on it. but there is a thread comparing both the smooth and OP version, done by firelord77, i think his name is.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...r-Review-Smooth-reflector-with-Orange-Peel!!!

Last edited: