Solarforce clicky wont work on my G2 but will on my 6P...confused?

lightinsky

Enlightened
Hello to all:

I need some help as to why a solarforce clicky tailcap that I bought for my surefire G2 will only work on my 6P. The G2 won't light up but the 6P will. Confused as to why that is? The advertisement said works on both along with the solarforce lights, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Lightinsky

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I'm guessing its because the Solarforce tailcap switch pill does not directly contact the body tube end on the G2. Plastic body flashlights need switch tailcaps that make electrical body tube contact against the metal tube insert.

While on the 6P, the circuit contact can be made through the body tube threads. Its strange how Solarforce tailcap switches switch are so hit/miss in this regard. I have a Solar L2m tailcap that works fine with my G2... but I know many (like yours) do not work.

Last edited:

lightinsky

Enlightened
Thanks Kramer for the information. Do you know if their is anyway to make it work in the G2 or is it a lost cause?

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Wouldn't be too hard to fabricate a copper shim/ring, drop it into the tailcap and screw it on.

Do you have a pic of the cap screwed onto the g2? If the cap bottoms down against the outside plastic G2 shoulder then for certain, its not making body tube electrical contact.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ran into the same problem. I just ordered a McClicky switch and will boil and disassemble the G2 tailcap.

lightinsky

Enlightened
Thank you so much. It worked!!! I took one of my P60 Cree Q5 external brass rings that initially comes with the led that I don't use anyway since the G2 and 6P don't need it to work and sniped one section of the ring off since it is brass and it's diameter was the same as the G2 battery tube therefore it slipped right into the bottom of the solarforce clicky switch and then I put the switch back on the G2 and it worked with no issues. Thanks so much for your all of your smarts and to all the replies I got from you Guys.

Much appreciated!!!