• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: McGizmo 6V Makai with XM-L (LAST reduction)

Drywolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am offering this light for sale:

• Makai 6v XM-L
  • 2x123 power pak
  • Ton of Ti
  • PayPal fees included
  • includes shipping to the CONUS all other pay real and additional costs
  • Sells new for $580.00 asking $530.00 now $520.00 fixed $510.00
First "I'll take it" followed by rapid payment gets it.
I cannot be responsible for USPS losses, so please consider adding insurance
PM me for PayPal account
Thanks for looking

Frank

:)

Last edited:

LumensMaximus

Enlightened
Re: FS: McGizmo 6V Makai with XM-L

How's the beam on this one, say compared to the regular 6V Makai? :wave:

Drywolf

Flashlight Enthusiast

How's the beam on this one, say compared to the regular 6V Makai? :wave:

The hot spot is larger and the spill is more intense. I think it's much improved over the XP-G. The XP-G probably throws a little further, but over all this one puts out a lot of light. I use a twisty turny path for night walks and this light reaches out there and also lights up both sides of the path. It puts out enough light to get you out of a maze of little twisting passages without ever speaking Xyzzy.
Thanks,
Frank

Orignal XP-G Makai beam shots
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?282791-The-total-awesomeness-of-the-MAKAI

member "chef4850" tiny mini review of XM-L beam
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-XM-L-lights&p=3611122&viewfull=1#post3611122

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic

.... It puts out enough light to get you out of a maze of little twisting passages without ever speaking Xyzzy....

:candle: <A hollow voice says "Fool"> :laughing:

More importantly, though, will it repel a grue? :aaa:

Thanks, I needed a laugh ! :)

Last edited:

LumensMaximus

Enlightened

The hot spot is larger and the spill is more intense. I think it's much improved over the XP-G. The XP-G probably throws a little further, but over all this one puts out a lot of light. I use a twisty turny path for night walks and this light reaches out there and also lights up both sides of the path. It puts out enough light to get you out of a maze of little twisting passages without ever speaking Xyzzy.
Thanks,
Frank

I kind of had that idea but was just double checking, many thanks. Now I need something to sell first...:ohgeez:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, I can't believe this hasn't sold. If I hadn't just ordered a 6V Haiku XML from Don I'd be all over this. Beautiful, functional titanium goodness from a great seller. Somebody PLEASE buy this and take my temptation away!!

Drywolf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, I can't believe this hasn't sold. If I hadn't just ordered a 6V Haiku XML from Don I'd be all over this. Beautiful, functional titanium goodness from a great seller. Somebody PLEASE buy this and take my temptation away!!

Yea, what Dan said! And to make it easier I'll drop the price to $510.00, but that's about it for reductions...

Thanks Dan you are a great CPFer.
Frank

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, that beautiful Makai showed up today. Frank, you outdid yourself on the packing job - thank you! The light is beautiful - perfect - and is a real keeper. I sold my last Makai (a 3V XPG with 2x123 McClicky) but I won't make that same mistake with this one. 370 lumen in my sphere - beautiful, powerful spot out to a nice flood. Sure, there are many brighter lights, and sure, we wish Don would drive the LED harder, but in truth, this thing is plenty bright and, well, it's a titanium McGizmo! A piece of functional art that just always WORKS when you need it.

But I'm torn....a new 6V Haiku XML showed up direct from Don today, too! Which do I play with!! Arrgghh!

Thanks, Frank - great, smooth deal. Look forward to more dealings with Drywolf in the future!!

jag808808

Enlightened

Dan,

Once the lights go down, start with the Haiku XM-L. Once you play with the Makai, the Haiku may go into retirement! :)

Aloha,

jag

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dan,

Once the lights go down, start with the Haiku XM-L. Once you play with the Makai, the Haiku may go into retirement! :)

Aloha,

jag

Dan, Let me know if that happens...:whistle:

:thinking: Maybe a beam shot or two tonight....but guys, don't look for the Haiku to go away...I still have my bead blast XRE and regular XPG! Haikus have a tendency to stick around here when other lights disappear....
:p