Sunwayman V10R Ti - Soft Start!!

S1LVA

Enlightened
Hey all,

I just wanted to share some thoughts about my V10R Ti from the latest run. I also regret selling mine from the first run, but it is good to have one back in my hands!

I opened up my new light about an hour ago. Right away I noticed the new reflector design. It is a lot smoother, I would say it is a LOP. This creates a very defined hot spot. Not sure what the spill is like yet because it isn't dark yet!

Another difference, which I am a big fan of, is a soft start effect. When the light is set at about 85% or lower, there is a noticible ramping at turn on. With the ring at full power, it seems to come on instantly with no ramping. Personally, I like this new feature.

So those are my immediate thoughts of the latest run V10R Ti. Feel free to ask any questions or add any thoughts, especially if you have the newest version too!

Very happy with this purchase.

S1LVA

kramer5150

Flashaholic
My LD25 does the same thing when switching between modes. Its a lot like the soft start built into the SF-A2. Fast, but definitely noticeable. Kind of a cool effect. It gets my thumbs up too.

Foxfyre

Newly Enlightened
I noticed the same ramping with mine. It's really a cool effect.

Also my low is obscenely low, just enough to be able to read a watch face up close and see the pattern on the led die glowing.

The spill is pretty good and it really lights up the yard at night on high, enough to bring the neighborhood kids running to see what light I had out that night.

All in all a very useful, shiny and fun light.

S1LVA

Enlightened
Thanks for the input so far.

I have some further observations as I have been sitting at work for the past few hours pointing the beam around the room. The LOP reflector creates a noticeable donut. BUT! I have solved this problem already. I popped out the lense and put a strip of scotch tape on either side. I started out with one side but the tape made the hotspot into an oval. I taped up the other side of the lense perpendicular to the first side. Result: super smooth buttery beam.

I will post pics of my "mod" ASAP

S1LVA

Figured it out from my phone:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

S1LVA

Enlightened
The soft start is real easy on darkness-adjusted eyes.

I have found my diffuser mod to be very useful for basic tasks around the house. It's still bright enough to light up a good size area outside as well.

S1LVA