Spark SL6-800CW and SL6S-800CW differences

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't say for sure, but I remember reading a post from a member here that said there is some kind of internal sleeve they have that prevents 123's from rattling when they're being used, compared to an 18650.

yowzer

Enlightened
Now I really wish I hadn't been so fast to jump on the SL6... A version with only the side switch and no inner tube (Which means my 18650s might actually fit in the thing) is great news.

(The SL6 has a removable metal tube that fits inside the body to conduct current from the rear tailcap. It puts a limit on how thick of a cell can fit in the light, though...)

Last edited:

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tailcap switch doesn't work properly because the ptotected 18650 cell is jammed in the inner me
tal tube.

_Event_Horizon_

Newly Enlightened
To bring this question back to life; I just clicked on Sparks ad and looked at their pictures for the revised "S" SL models and it looks like they did away with the tailcap switch. Either that or they have incorporated a new solid switch in its' place. Anyone know anything about this yet?

I have been jumping in between the SL6 and a (soon to be released) SC600w. I'm not too fond of the SC600 design since it reminds me of the old Pelican M6.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'd actually prefer to run it with primaries so my best bet may be to watch for one in cpfmp. I haven't seen any pictures of sl6 exploding on max with primaries.

Too bad nobody makes an imr17670 for the old model.