Diagrams woulda been helpful: more eagletac p2oa2 questions.

Satanta

Newly Enlightened
Well, I love my ET, however diagrams in the instruction sheet would have been helpful.

Napalm and a couple of others finally helped me determine what I was missing in order to get the pocket clip off the light. [[O-ring/black light/couldn't see it. :rolleyes: ]]

So now after a couple of weeks of trying to look at the endcap using things like reading glasses and magnifying lens I'm at loss for another thing.

How to get the lanyard ring off and swap out for the GITD clicky cover?

Seems I need to unscrew something inside where the spring is but I would rather not destroy the light.

BTW, does anyone know what the thin metal ring that came in the accesories pack is? Thinner than the O-rings with a bend in one side sort of like a lanyard ring..?

Napalm

Enlightened
Lanyard ring:

On the opposite side of the eyelet, you'll see a small slot in the ring. Insert a screwdriver in the slot and pry open.

GITD boot:

If you look inside the tail cap, you'll see a shiny metal ring with two small holes in it. You need to unscrew that one but you need some appropriate tool, snap ring pliers should do.

Nap.

Satanta

Newly Enlightened
Lanyard ring:

On the opposite side of the eyelet, you'll see a small slot in the ring. Insert a screwdriver in the slot and pry open.

GITD boot:

If you look inside the tail cap, you'll see a shiny metal ring with two small holes in it. You need to unscrew that one but you need some appropriate tool, snap ring pliers should do.

Nap.

I was afraid it was going to be something like that with the tailcap. Are there any small parts I need to be concerned about under there? A tiny spring that could shoot off into NeverNever findmeagain Land?

lebox97

Enlightened
LOL, nah - nothing will jump out at you...
as Nap suggested...
unscrew the switch retaining ring from inside the tail cap.
remove the switch, switch washer, and boot.
reinstall the rubber boot, washer, switch and retaining ring making sure everything is seated and snug tight.
The switch retaining ring is the ground contact between the switch and body tube - so if this is loose it will create erratic or no light conditions.

also, the included accessory metal lanyard ring is basically no longer used now that the tail cap has a lanyard ring...
in order to use the metal lanyard ring, you'll need to remove (and not use) the pocket clip and the clip retaining ring, otherwise the switch will be locked out/unusable. (use can pocket clip/ring, or body/tube lanyard ring - not both at same time)

Cheers
Tod

I was afraid it was going to be something like that with the tailcap. Are there any small parts I need to be concerned about under there? A tiny spring that could shoot off into NeverNever findmeagain Land?