• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: CREE XM-L Flood-to-Throw pocket rocket

Techjunkie

Enlightened
in the brightly lit suburbs of NYC (Long Island)
I modded a small $20 Chinese flood to throw host a short while ago to accept a high power emitter and a larger capacity, larger sized (22600P/22650) battery. It will still work with an 18650 sized battery with the provided PVC shim, but due to the current on high, an IMR battery would be recommended.

I've changed the switch to a KD tactical forward clickie switch and I've recently re-worked the driver to be three modes with memory (no strobe or SOS). Measured at the tail using the UltraFire 22600P battery I'm including, high is 3.2A, Medium is 1.3A and Low is 440mA. After a few minutes on high, the light will heat-up, so think of high as "turbo" and medium as high. I also added glow powder infused epoxy around the emitter for a cool power-off afterglow effect.

Firm price is $50 with battery included + $4.80 for USPS priority shipping within the US. (This is the cost of the parts alone, no profit for me here.) First I'll take it gets it.

PayPal to techjunkie (at) iname (period) com.

Pics and beamshots below, all beamshots at the same manual camera settings:

Reworked light with battery:
withprotected22600battery.jpg

Beamshot control shot.
lightsoff.jpg

CREE XR-E R2 @ 1A for comparison (and in every photo afterward):
XRER21A.jpg

Low Flood 440mA:
LowFlood.jpg

Medium Flood 1.3A:
MidFlood.jpg

High Flood 3.2A:
HighFlood.jpg

Low Throw 440mA:
LowThrow440mA.jpg

Medium Throw 1.3A:
MidThrow13A.jpg

High Throw 3.2A:
HighThrow32A.jpg

Afterglow in action:
GreenGlowPoxy.jpg

Afterglow view from front:
GlowPoxyfront.jpg

Last edited:

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: CREE XM-L Flood-to-Throw pocket rocket

I'll take it..Paypal on the way...Robert.

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received the xm-l flood to throw light a few days ago and have been enjoying it alot....Nice work and thanks....Robert.