AAA - olight i3 or preon revo / klarus mi10...?

luke_DF

Newly Enlightened
I'm considering buying an AAA light for my keys.

I like both the olight and the preon/klarus because they start on low.

thoughts?

beerwax

Enlightened
i think the latest klarus has strobe in the primary sequence. med low hi strobe. might be really annoying.

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic
For keys I would prefer a stainless steel light, it does not scratch as easily and scratches is not as visible.
The Klarus (like the ReVO) has a solid hole for mounting a splitring in.

I have done reviews of the Klarus lights and the previous generation of i3 (i.e. A3) and done some comparisons between them and other AAA lights on my website.

mattp

Enlightened
I've had a stainless steel Preon Revo on my keys for a couple of months now, it still looks like new, and gets a lot of use. Simple UI, the low it starts on is enough for dark adjusted eyes and the medium is good for lighting up footpaths etc. I would highly recommend it, but have no experience with the others you listed so can't say how it compares.
Cheers, Matt

Moonshadow

Enlightened
I had a Revo and sent it back. Didn't like the way contact is made by crushing the battery and squidging a bit of foam.

The traditional system with a normal spring in the tailcap and contact ring at the head end works just fine in many other lights, including the i3, so I don't understand the ReVo design.