Super bright torch needed :-)

182_blue

Newly Enlightened
As title can anyone recommend me a powerful flashlight under £400, i have seen the Olight SR92 but i have been off the forum for a while and wondered what else people would suggest over the olight ?

DisrupTer911

Enlightened
So far I haven't found a situation where my TK41 wasn't superb in use.
rated by Fenix @ 800+ lumens has been more then enough for me.

rlorion

Newly Enlightened
There are so many choices to make. The Fenix TK70, Fenix TK35, Olight SR series of lights and so on. What battery type are you looking for?

182_blue

Newly Enlightened
There are so many choices to make. The Fenix TK70, Fenix TK35, Olight SR series of lights and so on. What battery type are you looking for?

I like the idea of the built in battery on the Olight

joe1512

Enlightened
You might consider the DRY 3xCREE XM-L T6 light. Link will likely get removed since budget offerings are not in vogue round these here parts, though I provide the link as an example. There ought to be several places you can get one. Shipping would be cheap too.

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1177

There is also a SkyRay 3x XM-L light available but it is about 33% less bright than the above one based on shots that Ive seen. There is also a FandyFire 3x XML floating around as well as a new Trustfire. Some searching should help you.

These lights are around 50 to 75 US dollars, and pack one heck of a lot of lumens in. However, they are walls of light and will not necessarily have tons of throw. They are NOT search and rescue lights, and will invariably be lower quality than an Olight.

You might also check the Selling section of this forum. Shipping cost more, but you might be able to buy someones homebrewed 3x XM-L light or similar.

Finally, consider a HID light instead of an LED. They have fantastic output and high throw for fairly cheap. Theres a stanley 35 Watt one that is on amazon as an example:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001U04MEY/?tag=cpf0b6-20

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got the 91 myself and love it and the fact that they claim 10 hours on the low setting which I think is around 400 lumens.
Sweet light. Of course, for that money you can also get a Vara2000 which is a completely variable mag mod. I've got one and I love the one finger button/wheel for the settings and it's about as powerful as the 91 and has a helluva throw and of course, being a maglite, a little bit smaller.

Enlightened
The DRY triple XM-L is good, no need to post sales links joe, you naughty boy. LOL! Google is your best friend.

There are a few Shadow lights to be released, supposed to be power. There could be a DRY SST-90, driven pretty hard (could be above 10A). Lets see what it can do.