2AA Mini Maglite LED TerraLUX Lightbulb Upgrade Problem

BadBulb4U

Newly Enlightened
The 2AA Mini Maglite I bought years ago has been sitting unused since I bought it. It never put out any amout of useful light. I bought a TerraLux TLE-5EX Lightbulb Upgrade and a TerraLUX TCS-1 Switch Upgrade Kit. WOW, what a difference the upgrades made. I no longer have to twist the head to turn it on (I like push button UI's) and the light output is now very acceptable (140 advertised lumens). But I have one problem with the upgrade. When the flashlight is turned on, all it takes is the slightest sideways pressure on the head to turn it off. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there somegthing I can modify to eliminate the problem? :confused:

Lightdadark

Newly Enlightened
If the head is screwed down too tight it will shut off, do you possibly have the head adjusted to the point of it almost being at the shut off point?
You can try putting a metal washer underneath the plastic piece that says "do not pry up" or whatever that thing has written on it.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=21.341355,-158.056941

BadBulb4U

Newly Enlightened
You could try using some teflon tape on the head to lock it in place.
Thanks Lynx Arc for the good suggestion. After a little trial and error, I got just the right amount of teflon tape wrapped around the head. Now I can adjust the beam and the head doesn't wiggle. And thanks Lightdadark, I found out that when I adjusted to a wide beam the light wouldn't shut off, but I like a tighter beam. If I had no teflon tape, that suggestion would have worked. It's great being able to come to a site where there is knowledgable help, reviews and information on one of my favorite survival tools. I don't leave the house without my favorite knife, a good flashlight, a cell phone and my german shepard.

Last edited:

BadBulb4U

Newly Enlightened
Lightdadark, I checked out your map location. It looks like you live in paradise. Some guys are luckier than others.

Last edited: