E1b Backup 80 lumen VS 110 lumen???

tonester

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know the difference between the two versions of e1b? Someone who was selling a 80 lumen version said they contacted surefire to find out what the difference was. That person said surefire responded saying there is no difference they just did some more testing and updated the lumen rating to 110.

I wrote surefire yesterday to confirm and this is the exact email I received:

"Dear Customer,
The head was re-programmed to have the higher output level.
Thank You
Andrew Wright
Technical Support Representative"

So is there a difference? Anyone else have any other info?

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have owned both versions, and the new one is definitely brighter. My older E1B was no brighter than my L1 or E1L.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
SureFire in the past has had a tendency to be conservative with their output ratings for their lights. That's slowly changed. So SureFire is updating the ratings. Sometimes they quietly update the emitters too. Sometimes just the rating.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a slight difference in brightness between both but the difference is very very slight. Managed to compare my 80 lumen one to the 110 lumen one in the shop and I can hardly see much of a difference in brightness. One difference I did notice is that my 80 lumen version has a much nicer creamy white tint whereas the 110 lumen one in the shop just looks cyan. I know tint can vary from batch to batch of an emitter but still all the 80 lumen ones I have seen tend to spot a creamy white tint but I haven't seen a nice creamy white tint on the 110 lumen yet. They all look cyan to me. I am sure there will be one with a nice cream white tint if I look hard enough but have yet to see one.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought an E1b from another member about a year ago. He told me it was an 80 lumen model but it's brighter than my E2DL (first version).

You sure about that? My friend's old 120 lumen E2DL is brighter than my 80 lumen E1B. Are you comparing both on fresh batteries?

Latest posts