Jetbeam Jet 3 no longer working !!

182_blue

Newly Enlightened
As title, for some reason my little used Jetbeam has stopped working ??!!!, any idea what it could be, is there a particular issue with them ?, anything i can check ?

Thanks

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
No battery will last a lifetime
try with new battery first, clean the thread and re-apply grease
If nothing works, send it back to jetpimp

182_blue

Newly Enlightened
No battery will last a lifetime
try with new battery first, clean the thread and re-apply grease
If nothing works, send it back to jetpimp

The batteries comment was a joke :), not sure on sending it back as it's a couple of years old !

Glock27

Enlightened
What is the voltage of the battery(ies)?
Take the tail cap off and short between the Negative base of the battery and the case of the light. Does it light then?
G27

182_blue

Newly Enlightened
What is the voltage of the battery(ies)?
Take the tail cap off and short between the Negative base of the battery and the case of the light. Does it light then?
G27

Thanks, tried this and it shorts but the light doesnt work.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
so switch is good? make sure its tightened down.

theres a brass colored ring on the bottom side of the bezel. (where the positive contact of the battery connects).
mine came loose once cause i over tightened my bezel. there was connection problem cause of that.

i grabbed the right size socket, and hammered the ring back in place. and it worked fine.

scottyhazzard

Enlightened
Once mine did that, so I did the least likely thing to fix it... I unscrewed the head and the tail, then I put the battery in the body and screwed it together and it has worked fine since. I haven't a clue why. It stopped working after I dropped it again. After the cursing ritual and self loathing I changed battery still no go. Head and tail off then back on with the battery in place and groovy. :thinking:

duro

Enlightened
the reason I ask is that I notice the black plastic piece around the led that holds the reflector seems to rattle ever so slightly if you shake the light. Could this cause problems? I wonder...Perhaps another o-ring would solve it. I dunno why they didn't go with the kind of reflector that screws into the base....hrm....

duro

Enlightened
Contact the dealer, or jetbeam. Keep us posted. This light is serving me well, but only time will tell...

SoulLessGinger

Newly Enlightened
If you haven't replaced the batteries yet, do it. Even if the batteries that were in it were good.

I once dropped my Raptor and it stopped working immediately. Took it apart, then back together...nothing. Decided to change the batteries before I called Jetbeam. Suddenly, she works again. Don't know how or why, just one of those things.

182_blue

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies, its still not working, i wish i could just buy the part, anyone got any ideas ?

182_blue

Newly Enlightened
If you really have a jetbeam you would know it has warranty, take it to dealer!!!

You think i am pretending that i have one PMSL ?, i dont have a dealer near me, i have contacted Jetbeam and they have asked me to send it back to China (i am in the UK), The price of sending it back to China will be more than the cost of the part that's broken no doubt !, hence i am prepared to replace the part at my own cost if i can find anything suitable.