How to disassemble a Coleman MAX 2AA LED 120 Lumen flashlight

marksatterfield

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I have a Coleman MAX 2AA LED 120 Lumen flashlight. Mine is a silver/grey, I don't know if all of them are. Nice light. Runtime is around 3-5 hours or so on alkalines.

Problem is, an Energizer alkaline decided to leak into the unit. Right now, it doesn't work. I think the top cap needs to be cleaned (or I hope that is all it is, although the acid fumes may have destroyed the LED).

Anyway, I cannot figure out how to disassemble this light. The head cap does not rotate. The tail cap has a rubber capped switch in it.

I tried to use baking soda and water in it, but now the baking soda/water mix is in the lens area -- so that didn't work so well.

Any ideas on how to disassemble this light? I'll take pictures of it and post to the forum in a bit.

Thank you,
~~ Mark

-------------------------------
http://www.marksatterfield.com

ryanjaylay

Newly Enlightened
Hey I have the same problem if you find any info can you please fill me in.
thanks

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before you proceed, contact the flashlight manufacturer to see if this is warranty-able. If not, then contact the battery manufacturer to see if they will pay for their damage.

Next, never use alkaleaks again in high-drain devices. NiMH LSD cells are quite good.