Lumen question for Surefire lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chidwack

Enlightened
I know that lumen ratings vary from one manufacturer to the next and I have never had any experience with Surefire but it seems that the lumen rating for Surefire lights are always listed lower than other quality brands like Fenix, Quark, Olight, Eagle Tac, Zebra and others. When comparing Lumen ratings of Surefire with comparable lights from these other companies, I find that Surefire will be listed at 200 lumens while the other companies will be listed at 300-500 lumins. Does Surefire list their lumens different than these other companies or are the Surefire lights not as bright as these other brands? Are the Surefire lights really any better than other top quality lights from other quality dealers or is it just an ego thing of having Surefire engraved on the side?

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Yes surefire rates OTF Lumens, and their lumen ratings represent real world numbers... after a few minutes and the light has had a few minutes to warm and cells have depleted a bit.

Yes I do think their lights are as good as / or better than other manufacturers (generally).

Its not an ego thing, more like a sense of satisfaction owning a USA made/designed/patented product.

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
2ziaeti.jpg

DM51

Flashaholic
Chidwack, you only joined CPF a few days ago, so we'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you aren't a troll. I've looked at your other posts (total 12 to date) and you don't seem to be one.

If you don't know what a troll is, please look it up in Wikipedia or somewhere; and if after doing that you are still confused, just come back to this thread and look at your 2 posts here. What starts off as simple mischief usually turns into full-scale trolling if it isn't nipped in the bud. This thread isn't going any further as I'm closing it; please don't post any more like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.