Question about batteries for my Surefire G2L.

johnnydotexe

Newly Enlightened
I've had my Surefire G2L for a couple years now, use to keep it in a Viking Tactics offset mount on my CMMG M4LE, but now I use it as my every-day light.

Anyways, I've been heavily involved in the e-cigarette world for some time now and one of my suppliers has a large selection of batteries and chargers. I'm trying to figure out what rechargeable batteries and charger I can get for my surefire because I'm tired of searching locally for 123A's or having to order them online when I can just get a couple pairs of rechargeables. Here are my options from that supplier...

Ultrafire Protected 16340/CR123 Li-Ion, 3.7v, 880mah

Ultrafire Protected 16340/RCR123A Li-Ion, 3.0, 880mah

Trustfire Protected 16340/CR123 Li-Ion, 3.7v, 880mah

SZOBM Protected 16340/? ?, 3.7 volt, 880mah

RCR123a LiFePO4 Rechargeable Battery

Which batteries would be best for my light? The SF batteries I usually get are 3.0v, so I'm assuming I'll probably end up needing to get option #2 or option #5, correct? Has anyone here ever used those UF 3.0v protected batteries or the LiFePO4 batteries and were happy with them? The Li-PO are safe chemistry, right? I mostly use UF and TF protected 14500 and 18650 batteries in all my e-cigs and they seem perform well enough, and I already have several nice Li-Ion multi-chargers. I just don't know what to get for this light, and don't want batteries that are going to explode.

Last edited:

johnnydotexe

Newly Enlightened
Would any of those options be more recommended than the others? They all appear to be 880mah so I assume it would just come down to which had the best reviews.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
I recommed AW RCR123s, thats what I use on my SF P60L and KX4 light assemblies. Like NSB said these can take 9V, so you will be good on 2xRCR123s(4.2V off charger)= 8.4V.

Welcome to CPF

johnnydotexe

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I was thinking if the above options were fine then I could just get the AWs since those seem to last longer and are a lot better in quality. I use AW and AW IMRs on several of my e-cigarette mods, the IMRs have a substantially lower charge life but they're safe-chemistry which is better for certain applications.

Do you guys use lighthound for your AWs or is there another reputable dealer with better prices that I'm unaware of?

johnnydotexe

Newly Enlightened
I went ahead and got the "Trustfire Protected 16340/CR123 Li-Ion, 3.7v, 880mah" because they had good reviews, and I had a bunch of reward points saved up with my supplier so four of these plus some solder didn't cost me anything. :cool: