Need a Drop-in for my 9p

jstalford

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone, I tried looking around and checking the stickies, but I'm having trouble finding what I want.

I just got a 9P and I am wanting to get a Fivemega body for 2x18500s and get a drop-in that can fun 600+ Lumens on a single LED. More looking for throw than flood. Multiple modes would be good, but not necessary.

I contacted Nailbender and Malkoff and neither have anything that fits what I'm looking for. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for the help.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
For p90 or even p60 dropins it's throw or high lumens, 400 and up lumen dropins are large die emitters or multi emitters.
For throw an xpe or xre led would give some throw
And your voltage will be 7.4 volts freshly charged
Try a Solarforce r2 xpg dropin with 3-18v capable orange peel reflector, and see if that's close to what you want.

jstalford

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help guys. I guess I could just get a Fivemega one cell body and go with the Nailbender XM-L 3-mode that does 600 Lumens.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
The malkoff M91 is rated at 500 lumes at startup, and more than likely gene's being conservative there. I think once you see the goergous beam of a malkoff m91, you're quickly forget all about those extra 100 lumens you were looking for.

precisionworks

Flashaholic
The malkoff M91 is rated at 500 lumes at startup, and more than likely gene's being conservative there. I think once you see the goergous beam of a malkoff m91, you're quickly forget all about those extra 100 lumens you were looking for.
+1

Tommygun45

Enlightened
Ya the M91's are pretty awesome but they really dont throw that much. They will light up an extremely large area and put out enough light to maybe do 75 yards or so. Other than that get a little thrower like a Quark Turbo or something. The 6P style really doesn't have many thrower type dropins that come to mind, except the aforementioned XRE's. Also the 9P will run 9 volts right? 3 3 volt batteries. Or 2 18500's, either of which the M91 will handle. I'd also recommend the warm. I have the warm and the cool and the warm is just beautiful. The cool is fine too but Ive found myself liking warm lights better lately, especially when outside.

jstalford

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like I should just get an M91, lol. I think I will probably go that route with the 9p, then just get another platform for a dedicated thrower. I would like to leave the 6p stock, but I tend to have a really hard time doing that with anything :).

Thanks guys.