what is the output for the madmax in the firefly

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've searched posts but can't find references to what the output of the madmax will be for the firefly. I've looked at the original spec posts but it isn't included. I seem to remember that it was a fair but higher than the arc but can't recall specifically. I think the arc is running at something like 350 mA. I hope someone can remember what the output is going to be in comparison to the ARC LS.

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
it depends on the board and the ls. ive heard around 600 for mm and 800+ for mm+.

Raindrop

Enlightened
There were going to be MM+ and MM WO that are typically in the 800+ range. The majority of the MMs ended up because of problems beyond anyone's control the WO variety.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's good news, should be brighter than the McLux that I own. I'm waiting on the firefly and Mr Bulk's Baby Pin, should be a lot of fun to compare the two lights. I seem to have become obsessed with ever smaller and brighter lights, wanting only led lights now. I have the feeling I'm not alone, I've gotten rid of most of my non led lights, keeping my Tigerlight my Streamlight twin task 1 lithium light and a G2 that I keep in my car.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: what is the output for the madmax in the firef

keith,
They make non-LED lights?! My longest throw light uses a Madmax+ running wide open into an R2H off of 2 D cells and a M*g reflector...hard to imagine wanting a filament these days. I really like the Badboy and Madmax+ regulators, I have two BB400 Q3L, two BB500 R2H and the Madmax+ R2H 2D Mag. Life is good when running them.
It gives me a good feeling knowing I will not have to worry about light bulbs blowing at the wrong time, or trying to find the correct bulb when they do blow.