Armytek predator voltage meter problems

hazna

Enlightened
My original predator 1.2, had memorisation bug and displayed some other erratic behaviour, so eventually I was sent a another one as replacement. Unfortunately, after testing out my replacement predator 1.2, I have noticed another bug instead. I get strange readings when using the voltage meter on lower modes. My first predator was fine and did not have any issues with the voltage meter.

Here is a video I have done up to demonstrate the voltage meter problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjhApMWqVtM

CheepSteal

Enlightened
Just watched your video, that is very odd; 4.3 volts?!
I prefer my old 1.0 Predator because it's got less 'features' and seems fairly reliable electronics wise. My only quarrel is that when it is in loosened bezel mode, I cannot mount it on a bike because the shock just sends it into a blinking mode frenzy (which I never programmed). I am jealous of your beam tint though, I really really wish mine came in neutral or high CRI, I am starting to hate cool white tints and have since retired my Predator from general use.
I hope Armytek straightens this bug out and releases their new models soon, been quite a while.
Good luck trying to sort this bug out, probably isn't relevant to real use but that kind of thing would bug the crap out of me!

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the voltage reading was with the battery under load. I don't use the voltage reading, I switch batteries often and use a volt meter to check the charge status. Regardless, the 4.3 volts does not make any sense. Does your light draw 1.5A on max? I received a defective Predator and was given a replacement that has performed perfectly up to this point and draws 1.5A on max.
From Armytek manual...
Important notice: because the energy consumed from the power source depends on the brightness of the mode, then during the
measurement of the voltage in different modes the voltage showed will differ.

My predator did not draw 1.5A so I recieved a replacement that has worked perfectly (and draws 1.5A on max). Here are my results:
Battery: AW Protected 18650 2900mah
Battery voltage: 4.15v
1st line:
Max: 3.7v
25%: 3.8v
2nd line:
0.5 lm: 4.1v
1.5 lm: 4.1v
~5%: 4.1v
Slow Strobe: 3.7v
Fast Strobe: 3.7v