Ra Twisty Tr-85 bezel section O-ring breakdown...

beach honda

Enlightened
Ahoy!

I have a Ra Twisty Tr-85, and a while back I installed the Moddoo clip under the bezel for bezel up carry. I have decided to go back to clipless and would like to do un-do this, and since Moddoo sent me an extra O ring to take up the space caused by the clip, I have no idea which O-ring it was. I dont want to take the wrong one out. Can someone give me a breakdown or maybe a picture of the O-ring that came with the clip that needs to be removed?

Thanks much.

-cB

nbp

Flashaholic
It's probably the o-ring between the top edge of the reflector and the lens. When I used the Moddoo clip, the lens rattled because the bezel was now slightly farther from the reflector due to the clip, so I put a thicker glo-ring between the reflector and the lens to take up the 'slack'. You likely have to take that thicker or extra o-ring out, and leave in the really skinny one that came with it.

beach honda

Enlightened
there is a groove at the top of the reflector which rests a thin o ring. That wouldn't be it would it? Otherwise there would be no glass-to-reflector seal right?

hmmmm....

I dont remember the install. Did I replace one with another or did i simply add one?

nbp

Flashaholic
Right, the thin one on the top of the reflector is supposed to be there. My guess is though, that there is an extra one on top of it, or maybe between the bezel's retaining edge and lens to take up the extra room created by the clip. Have you taken off the bezel yet? What are you finding?

nbp

Flashaholic
Here' a pic I just took for you:

In order from outside to inside of the light, you have the bezel, a skinny o-ring, the lens, a skinny o-ring, and then the reflector. That's how it should look when it's back together.

twisty.jpg

hotlight

Enlightened
one thing to add... it's been posted on one of the HDS threads.

when re-assembling---
take the reflector out to of the head, then put bezel/lens/reflector together and then screw the whole assembly back onto the head.

possible issue is the bottom of the reflector may bottom out on the base of the emitter(causing damage) or possibly "short" on the leads attached to the emitter.

EDIT:
you're welcome... need to keep our 85tr's alive :wave:

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
You're welcome! Glad I could help, Twisties are some of the best lights Henry has ever made IMO, and the Tr model is so unique, they are a real treasure. I am glad I got one on the MP when I did, they almost never show up. I don't plan on ever selling my Twisty 100 or Twisty 85Tr. If they ever break and Henry can't fix 'em, I would be super bummed out. :crazy:

Good reminder Hotlight! I had talked about that with Henry when swapping bezels on a Clicky, but I forgot about it. I should check on that one that I just took apart and make sure it's all good. :ohgeez: