I want someone to modify my L5 KL5a Head

falco279

Newly Enlightened
I love the design of SF L5, but the led is too outdated and its hard for me to justify using it over the other more advanced lights I own.

I've been looking and emailing many builders & modders but none have responded for months. So, hopefully someone here can help me out.

I would like to update the internal light engine in the KL5 head while keeping everything external the same. In a nutshell, I'd like the characteristics of a Malkoff M61 in modded into the KL5 head.

If anyone can and is willing to do the modifications for me, please let me know what specs you can do for the light and how much it would cost. My budget is $100, but depending on how awesome the mod is, I'm sure I can justify a little more.

russthetoolman

Enlightened
I have read the threads and asked a modder about my KL5 and the consensus is that they are VERY difficult to open, they are not like the KL6.
I mod many lights and I passed on getting one and doing it.
I am willing to have you mail it to me and I can see what I can do, I have a lathe to make a sink. What battery voltage are you wanting to use? What led?
My time is limited and I don't like pressure, however, I do get it done because it stresses me out knowing I need to get it done, I like it to be fun.
I have a very custom KL6 with a 3amp 3 mode and copper and aluminum heat sink. Another with an MCE warm led and stock driver. Very bright, gets warm. But the KL6 and KL5 are totally different behind the reflector.
If you are wanting to talk, I would rather use the phone, PM me and give me a number and time zone.

falco279

Newly Enlightened
Have you tried Derek (DatiLED) or Scott (milkyspit)?

I tried contacting Scott a few times, the first time being last year, but have not heard from him. I THINK he's moved onto bigger and better things regarding light design and modifications.

I have read the threads and asked a modder about my KL5 and the consensus is that they are VERY difficult to open, they are not like the KL6.
I mod many lights and I passed on getting one and doing it.
I am willing to have you mail it to me and I can see what I can do, I have a lathe to make a sink. What battery voltage are you wanting to use? What led?
My time is limited and I don't like pressure, however, I do get it done because it stresses me out knowing I need to get it done, I like it to be fun.
I have a very custom KL6 with a 3amp 3 mode and copper and aluminum heat sink. Another with an MCE warm led and stock driver. Very bright, gets warm. But the KL6 and KL5 are totally different behind the reflector.
If you are wanting to talk, I would rather use the phone, PM me and give me a number and time zone.

Russ, that's awesome. There is no rush on me getting the light back, so you can take your sweet time with it. I'll PM you more with details.