Mods for integrated light modules (UK or PT)?

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a UK 4AA AS2 light that I really like!

It uses a pre-assembled module where the reflector and the bulb are integrated. Although, I'd like it to be a tighter spot.

I have a PT Rage on order (should come tomorrow!) that also uses a similar type lamp module. I think I'll be wanting a tighter spot on this as well.

So...the question is, has anyone got experience with reworking these lamp/reflector assemblies to re-position the bulb to make a tighter spot?

Thanks!

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've opened up Rage modules and put Luxeons in them. I also recently experimented with the idea of putting a side emitter into an Impact 2. As such, I tried a number of combinations using a Rage module, an Impact 2 module, the lens, different Luxeons, and a Rage bulb itself.

I was never able to get anything other than a crappier beam. I don't think you can get more throw out of the Rage other than by using a higher powered bulb.

Not sure about UK, as I don't have one.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, now I am on a project to retro fit a *ag Charger bulb into my SL6 Lamp assy and fit the entire contraption along with my 6AA pack into a PVC pipe and using it as my torch. Moving the bulb around for the tightest throw while the epoxy is drying is really killing me... it falls out of position every so and then