Fenix TK45 switch problem - warranty service?

TCBYH

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know how to take apart a TK45 to check the switches? I have a 9 month old light I bought from Amazon. Since I did not get it from a regular dealer that Fenix observes, I have no way to get it repaired under warranty...unless I can ship to China (yeah right).

My issue is the power switch (one on the right), sometimes fails to activate or power off the light. It was fine until the batteries got weak (Eneloops). I have since recharged them and even replaced with alkaline with no improvement.

Anyone offer suggestions?

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have any great ideas for you at this point, but I have the same problem with my TK45. However, it seemed to get better with time since the first time it stopped working well. Now it seems to usually work as long as I push the switch harder than the mode switch, but sometimes that will end up turning it on and then off instead of just on. I really wish we didn't have this issue.

Have you cleaned all the contacts and all that jazz as well? I did, and it did not seem to help much, but it might help you out.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't disregard sending it to china for repair. Others have done this and everything worked out good.

TCBYH

Newly Enlightened
I'm good to go now. The Fenix repair center in Arkansas took my light and sent me a new one as a replacement.

lightpuppy

Newly Enlightened
I had problems with my Fenix TK41 (switches) purchased from Amazon and after e-mailing Amazon that
Fenix's warranty instructions said to return it to the seller, ie Amazon, Amazon let me return it for full credit. This was after just under two years. I would suggest that people who purchase Fenix products
make sure whatever seller they purchase from will stand behind them. Sending back to China doesn't work for me. What's up with these side mounted switches. I have three other Fenix lights that work great, but have tailcap switches.
Update; Got my replacement TK41 (newer U2) model and the switches on this one work
great. No more hard pushing or trying to push switches at an angle or multiple pushes to
turn on or change mode. Now I can turn it on and change modes with ease.:twothumbs

Last edited: