Neutron 1C - Any options for a pocket clip?

zakmatthews

Newly Enlightened
After receiving some input, I've decided to buy a Thrunite Neutron 1C as my EDC light.

I just wish it has a pocket clip. Anyone have any ideas about a pocket clip that might work with this light?

Someone mentioned they put a Zebralight pocket clip on it which worked well. Could I do this without modifying the Thrunite? Any pics of it installed?

Thanks everyone, I'm really enjoying this forum.

hatman

Enlightened
I wish Neutron made one -- this is the only reason I don't carry this otherwise excellent light.

SoulLessGinger

Newly Enlightened
Lemme know if you find one.

I carry it in the pouch it comes with, works fine, but I too would rather have the clip.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have just tried on my 1C a few clips taken from other lights (e.g. Sunwayman, Klarus, Lumapower) but the lack of a groove in the body does not allow a reliable positioning. Also there are no threaded holes in the tailcap so a screwed clip would have to be designed with a special attachment. :(

hatman

Enlightened
For whatever reasons, I think the manufacturer really screwed up a chance to make this a great pocket carry light.

The 1C is nearly the same size as my Nitecore D10s, which have excellent clips (but way too hard to install!)

When I reach for something to EDC, the 1C is near the top of my list. Instead, I nearly always choose a D10, simply because of its clip.