Fenix LD10 R5 head on Quark AA2 body?

fetcher

Newly Enlightened
I picked up a current model Fenix LD10 (XP-G R5 LED, 100 lumens max) last week as my first high-quality light, and have been very happy with it so far, but thought it might be nice to also have a 2AA tube on hand, just in case I need a longer runtime between battery changes.

I understand the driver circuit can take 2.4V-3.0V without any problems, but that LD20 bodies with the new square threads are hard to find (has this changed? Is there a good source for Fenix parts that will deliver to the US without high shipping costs?)

With Quark AA2 bodies being available and reasonably priced on 4Sevens' site, is there any chance my Fenix LD10 head would fit one of those, and fit well enough to not compromise the waterproofing seal? I read a claim on another forum that the new Fenix heads would fit a Quark body, whereas the tailcaps would not ($9 for a Quark tailcap is no big deal), but I think that was in reference to the R4 edition LD's. Assuming that's true, is it still the case for R5's?

Will an LD10 head on any compatible 2AA body act like an LD20 in every way, or will it just operate at the the same lower brightness levels for longer? Current models of the LD10s & 20s seem to be more differentiated than in the past.

Oh, one other question about these LDxx lights-- are they still considered waterproof to IPX8 standards when the bezel has been loosened slightly to access low modes? Or should I always keep it tightened down when not in use, in case of an accidental drop into a puddle or whatnot?

thanks! This is my first post. Great forum here...