Adapter for "C" to "AA"

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Adapter for \"C\" to \"AA\"

Does anyone know of a device - even a reasonably correct sized piece of pipe insulation? (Want to put an AA battery in a tube built for a "C".)

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Adapter for

JonSidneyB:

Thanks for the tip. Do you have any idea what Radio Shack calls them? I searched their site for "battery adapter", "battery holder", "battery insert" - no luck.

Couldn't find the parts section of Brookstone at all.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

JSWrightOC

Enlightened

I have created some out of 3/4" Sch. 40 PVC, 1" thinwall PVC, and some foam tape.

edit: Ignore sizes listed above, I meant 1/2" and 3/4" respectively. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cut the pipes to the proper length, put a strip of foam tape on the outside of the 1/2" pipe (if you use double-sided tape, leave the paper backing on one side) and slide into the 3/4". It was quick and easy, but works very well. The foam provides a tight spacer between the two pipes, and the entire assembly fits snugly.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
TheBeam said:
Look here .

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the link. Gotta love how they used the photo of the "D" size adapter for the "C" size text. (If you save the photo, it is even labeled "D")

Thanks again.

JSWrightOC

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Ferrous said:
JSWrightOC, I think you quoted the next larger sizes on the pipes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops...what was I thinking??? I meant to say 1/2" Sch 40 and 3/4" thinwall /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif