Antiroll solution for C and D Mags

richpalm

Banned
Since I don't want my modded Mags to take off on their own, I'm looking for a nice, aesthetically pleasing antiroll mod I can do to these.

Can anyone think of something? I thought about a hex-shaped rubber ring to fit around the barrel near the tail, but wouldn't know if one exists.

It cannot be on the bezel. Ugly and two of the lights have ESD bezels. Custom tailcaps are too expensive and too damn hard to get. And I don't have machining capability or access, financially or physically.

Ideas? Thanks,

Rich

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a rubber hex-shaped cap for one of my D Maglights on fleabay years ago. It also keeps nicks & scratches off that end. I don't know if they are still available.

wordwalker3

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I kept a 3c Maglite in easy reach of the front door for general use(being replaced or modified with xml) in winter extended use without gloves was rather chilling and downright painfull at times. Niteyez? makes a synthetic sleve for C & D MAGS that also has a clip on the head end. That clip, while not ever used to hang the maglite, works quite well as an anti-roll device...an added bonus.

wordwalker3

JacobJones

Enlightened
Stainless steel jubilee clips near the tailcap work quite well. I like the appearance of them more than all the rubber antiroll devices

Al Combs

Enlightened
If you do a Google for "MagLite 408-021", you'll get several hits for the MagLite C/D Cell Anti-Roll Device.

Edit: Oops, I just noticed the 'not on the bezel' prerequisite. Good luck.

Last edited: