Jetbeam BC 40

paulmoto

Newly Enlightened
Im considering a jetbeam 40 for general night work does anybody have one ? opinions please Many Thanks

brembo

Enlightened
I have one. It's an okay light, kinda awkward in size and not the prettiest thing out there. Good runtimes with quality cells and it's a good thrower. I do not have the neutral version, I have the cool white and it's a bit on the blue side of things. Well built, I think especially when the head is cinched down on high, head gets a tiny bit of slop when turned to low. Jetbeam is not in the business of making crap and even the budget lineup BC40 feels good in the hands. I went diving for car keys in 15-20 feet of water with mine to no ill effects. I got it because it's 1)XM-L and I wanted to see what that entails 2)Jetbeam quality at basement pricing 3)It acts as a 2 cell 18650 carrier for all my single cell EDCs that just happens to have an XM-L emitter attached to the end.

Would I buy another one if mine grew legs and walked off? I dunno for sure. Tough decision as since the BC40 dropped a whole boatload of very interesting XM-L lights have popped up. However it is a lot of thrower for the money and well made. It's hard to beat in terms of price/performance without lego-ing components.

swan

Banned
Great light,very bright, simple high/low, build quality is exceptional- [incredible for price].Just as a comparison , its more powerful than my old mag 4d, on low! Welcome to cpf ,your journey starts now.

nodoubt

Banned
love mine.......puts out a HUGEE wall of light and throws over 200 yds easily......