Work light

jbussey

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I am new to the forum and already need help. I am a police officer in Texas. In the past 32 years I have spent over 25 of them on midnights-my preferred shift, so a good flashlight in my most valuable tool. I currently own two Surefire Dominator 10Xs- that way I can switch over as needed when one suddenly discharges. I like their performance, but am getting tired of the expense of replacing bulbs. At $40 for the high beam and $31 for the low beam-I have to replace both (in both lights) at least twice a year- it's just getting expensive. I think I'm ready to try something new. When I found this forum I thought, "here is a bunch of guys that know more about the current flashlight technology than I will ever know". I'm looking for advice because I don't want to buy flashlights on a hit or miss proposition until I find a good serviceable one. I am looking for a light that meets the following criteria:
1. Durable- it will get dropped a lot and I may have to strike someone with it and it still has to work- yes that is why I am buying so many bulbs.

1. High output- my life and maybe others may depend upon what I don't see.
  2. Runtime- I usually can't stop what I'm doing immediately to replace batteries.
  3. Weather proof.
  4. Weight or size is not an issue.
  5. Rechargeable- as much as I use it replacing batteries is just too expensive.
  6. Easy parts availability.
  7. Under $250 each including batteries and charger- since I have to buy two lights.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Malkoff hound dog xm-l might be of interest. Still 2 in stock.
Bright and rock solid with good throw.

henry1960

Enlightened
Hello, I am new to the forum and already need help. I am a police officer in Texas. In the past 32 years I have spent over 25 of them on midnights-my preferred shift, so a good flashlight in my most valuable tool. I currently own two Surefire Dominator 10Xs- that way I can switch over as needed when one suddenly discharges. I like their performance, but am getting tired of the expense of replacing bulbs. At $40 for the high beam and $31 for the low beam-I have to replace both (in both lights) at least twice a year- it's just getting expensive. I think I'm ready to try something new. When I found this forum I thought, "here is a bunch of guys that know more about the current flashlight technology than I will ever know". I'm looking for advice because I don't want to buy flashlights on a hit or miss proposition until I find a good serviceable one. I am looking for a light that meets the following criteria:
1. Durable- it will get dropped a lot and I may have to strike someone with it and it still has to work- yes that is why I am buying so many bulbs.

1. High output- my life and maybe others may depend upon what I don't see.
  2. Runtime- I usually can't stop what I'm doing immediately to replace batteries.
  3. Weather proof.
  4. Weight or size is not an issue.
  5. Rechargeable- as much as I use it replacing batteries is just too expensive.
  6. Easy parts availability.
  7. Under $250 each including batteries and charger- since I have to buy two lights.

4Sevens Maelstrom x7 sounds like a light that would fit your needs as a dependable heavy duty light that will take a lot of abuse. This light runs on a 18650 battery and has good runtime......http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=297_406&products_id=2613

jbussey

Newly Enlightened
The Malkoff hound dog xm-l might be of interest. Still 2 in stock.
Bright and rock solid with good throw.

Thank you for your imput. I looked at it and it is a nice light, but after much research I think that the Fenix TK-41 suits my needs perfectly. Thanks again.

jbussey

Newly Enlightened