New guy - Lightwave 4000 fan

Gear_Freak

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I'm a frequent poster to the Backpacker.com and Equipped.org boards, but believe it or not, I just found out about CandlePowerForums. I feel right at home with you torch-lovers.

A year or so ago, I received a Lightwave 4000 as a gift. I could tell it was a quality flashlight and I've enjoyed it very much. What I didn't know was how much of a fan base it has! Now I'm more proud then ever to own it!

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome aboard, Gear Freak!

The LW4000 is a good light - great for power outages and other long term use when you don't want to have to worry about battery changes.

Be sure to look around, there's lots to see!

bj

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, but the new ones look weird in my opinion, not attractive at all. The original had a nice, no-nonsense utility look to it. I'd still like to pick one up eventually, it does seem like an ideal one to have around for power outages (which we've had a couple of long ones lately...).

soloco

Enlightened
Cool! I own one too! I think it is a fabulous, sensible light. A real good flashlight that is worth the price.

Cmoore

Enlightened
I've had one for over a year. It's my power outage go to light when I need to do something that's going to take a while. I changed the batteries recently; but, not because the light oputput had diminished. I just wanted a fresh set for the next extended power outage.