Replacement pill for Akoray-K102

Cemoi

Enlightened
Hi all,

I upgraded an Akoray with a R2 emitter: much brighter than the original version of course. Then I wanted to try to upgrade it further with a R5 XP-G, but I ruined the pill in the process (tiny wires :().
Do you know if I can find a replacement pill that would fit in this body?

moderator007

Enlightened
Hi all,

I upgraded an Akoray with a R2 emitter: much brighter than the original version of course. Then I wanted to try to upgrade it further with a R5 XP-G, but I ruined the pill in the process (tiny wires :().
Do you know if I can find a replacement pill that would fit in this body?

If you mean driver, this might work but i have been told it is not very efficient. For the price you could buy another K-102 and try it again. If you buy three then you would have some extra parts to play with and save a little with bulkrate.

Cemoi

Enlightened
Thanks m007 for your reply.
If you mean driver, this might work but i have been told it is not very efficient.
Not that bad according to this discussion, but unfortunately it has a strobe mode.

For the price you could buy another K-102 and try it again
Of course I could, but I was trying to avoid trashing the rest of the light (body, switch, head) which are in pristine condition.

moderator007

Enlightened
There's just not many options with this small of a light. The modes on the driver can probably be bypassed so that it has only a high mode. Looks like it has a attiny or pic on the top board that contains the modes.

moderator007

Enlightened
Atmel attiny 13. Read here and here. I dont know if this applies to the board i linked or not but I'm pretty sure with a little research and some soldering this can be done to give you only one mode.