What have I done? Visiting 4Sevens today.

Tiggercat

Enlightened
After buying two of their lights, I found out 4Sevens is local. Out of curiosity, I asked if I could come by to check out their lights, and they said sure, just make an appointment. :huh: I am afraid money is about to be spent.

ragweed

Enlightened
Pics please. How lucky can you get to live nearby & try out the cool lights!

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
After buying two of their lights, I found out 4Sevens is local. Out of curiosity, I asked if I could come by to check out their lights, and they said sure, just make an appointment. :huh: I am afraid money is about to be spent.

Lucky you! :thumbsup:

Having some of these great flashlight dealers in the neighborhood would be nice(but not for the wallet, because the risk for even more flashlight purchases would be large).

Viper715

Enlightened
That's great I hope to make it down that way sometime. Side note your also very close to Going Gear and I think they have a B and M setup but if not I'm sure they'd let you come look around.

tmackie

Newly Enlightened
That's great I hope to make it down that way sometime. Side note your also very close to Going Gear and I think they have a B and M setup but if not I'm sure they'd let you come look around.

I have been in the Going Gear store many times. They are great guys! The last time I was in they were rebuilding their display. They have probably 200 or more lights on display that you can play around with and look at the beams and UI.

Tiggercat

Enlightened
Oh, don't tell me that. Just don't tell me that!:shakehead

Tiggercat

Enlightened
Oh, no. Going Gear is 11 miles from my house. Guess I get to stop there tomorrow. From their site:

"Almost every single flashlight we stock is out on display, with batteries, available for you to try and compare to other lights."

Last edited:

geomun

Newly Enlightened
**snap** this is on my way home!! Will have to stop and check them out. Our store is located at: 4480 S Cobb Dr Ste U Smyrna, GA 30080 Store phone: 770-435-4103 Geo

houtex

Enlightened
I live near Lighthound. I'm there at least once a week. I've built a very good relationship with the owner and staff. They call me when a new item comes in and let me try out all the lights in a dark room set up in the back. I love it there.

I say go and have fun. Be warned, THEY WILL ENCOURAGE YOUR HABIT !

Ditto on pics

papa_mcb

Newly Enlightened
I know the feeling, I got to spend a hour or so over with the folks at Peak LED. (Felt like Charlie in the Chocolate factory) They took me through the shop and I got to be right there when they where doing my warranty work. Great group of folks.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast

David seems like he'd be a cool guy to hang with for an afternoon. :)

Billy Berue

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, the 4Sevens office is pretty cool. They have all their lights, plus a small handful of others (e.g., Olight SR90, etc.) on display in the reception area. They are happy to pull them out and let you play around with them. But as others have said, for those of us in Atlanta, perhaps the best place to go is the GoingGear store in Smyrna. They have just about everything you could possibly imagine, all right there on display, fully charged and ready to go. Absolutely impossible to leave that place without spending money. Really nice inventory of blades as well, if you're into that kind of thing. I left there with a Spiderco Manix2 on my last visit.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm kinda glad the only one of my dealers that is close enough for me to visit sells mostly batteries and some cheap flashlights... no reason to hang around for too long! Then again, I have to admit that before leaving for my vacation I did check to see if any flashlight dealer or manufacturers where on my way. Fortunately, the answer was no, so coming back through customs was a LOT easier...

"Any purchases to declare?"
"aemm... some flashlights"
"For how much?"
"800$"
"800 DOLLARS WORTH OF FLASHLIGHTS!??!??! JUST FLASHLIGHTS??????"
"yes"

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm originally from Atlanta, and moved to Little Rock, AR 2 years ago. Before moving I visited 4sevens regularly, and it was very
hard on my wallet. I didn't know about goingear until AFTER I moved, so I sort of dodged that bullet. Anyway, my family & I are now in the process of moving back (my job is transferring us back home,) and we are excited. BUT, secretly I am a little worried/excited to be moving back so close to those two crack houses....I mean flashlight dealers.

Billy Berue

Newly Enlightened
That could be tough. I have been coming up with reasons not to buy the Manix2 for a while now, but those reasons would probably be forgotten if one were in my hand.
Yeah, I didn't think I was going to like the Manix2 that much until I handled it. In fact, beforehand I was convinced that I was going to buy the Benchmade Griptilian. But if you were to do a blindfolded test (not recommended, by the way) by handling a dozen or so folders in its price range, I'd be willing to bet that you'd pick the Manix2 just about every time based on feel alone. It has a very natural, "just right," kind of feel to it that really sets it apart from its competitors IMO.