Beamshot request: Ethernalight vs. L4

Frangible

Enlightened
For a friend who needs to "see the light" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(edit: to clarify, that's the Surefire L4, of course)

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Kinda like apples vs oranges!

One has a 1w LS and the other 4x5mm leds. Which Eternalight is he looking at?.....there are several models.
I would call the Eternalight a survival light..it blinks, it strobes, it sends SOS, it dims, it has auto shut off, and with Li batteries, it will float. Great for boating or camping. If he wants to light up the country side..get the L4.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
apples and oranges? How about grapes and watermellons! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Frangible

Enlightened
Well, it was one with 4 LEDs, and he was trying to tell me it was brighter than my L4 because it said 70 something for brightness on the spec page and he thought that was lumens.

IIRC the Nichia 5mm white LEDs are 3 lumens each so it'd be 12 lumens to the L4's 65, but I was hoping a picture could settle the issue.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Re: Beamshot request: eternaLight vs. L4

Here's a beamshot comparing an eternaLight X-Ray to a SureFire L4 (KL4):

kl4-7.jpg

The eternaLight is that pitiful bluish tinge on the left, the L4 is the brighter spot on the right.
Both lights were approximately 5 feet from the wall for this picture.

For this shot, the X-Ray was fed brand spanking new lithium cells, and the L4 was fed a couple of cells from my E2, because I don't know where the brand spanking new CR123A batteries are.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

You're more than welcome.
The X-Ray was set to "high" for that picture. All eternaLights except for the Derringer and the Rave'n should produce approximately the same amount of light on "high", so the picture should be decently representative.

Frangible

Enlightened

Haha, his comment: "why is it so blue?"

MichiganMan

Enlightened

I think there might be more variance in the peak output of various Eternalights. On Tech Assc's site they list the Peak Output of an Ergo X-ray as "53" (53 what? lumens? candellas? eyeblinks before the spots fade?) The Peak Output of the Elite X-Ray is 62 and they rate the EliteMax as 72.

Don't know how much of that difference a human will recognize, but it appears that there may be a distinct visible difference between, say, the Ergo X-Ray and the EliteMax.