Surefire 6P with C2 Centurion Anodizing?

Voider

Enlightened
Hi Folks,
Has anyone heard of, seen, or know how to obtain a Surefire 6P in HA III that's the color of a C2 or the LX2? I mean without Legoing the head and tail from a C2 - as that still leaves the black or (gasp) gunmetal grey body. Thanks. BTW, you guys are the most civilized group I've ever seen on a (shall we call it a subcultural interest) forum.:thumbsup:

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not aware of any type III anodized 6P's produced by Surefire, although I wouldn't rule out the possibility that a few rare one's might have been made over the years. I may have seen one in a rare Surefire's thread, thought that may be my mind playing tricks on me. I know there are a few aftermarket HA 6P's however.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
I did see a rare Green HA III OG 6P on CPFMP dont know if it's still available.

Voider

Enlightened
I really like the added grip that the type III offers. I have 2 black Oveready III's, and they are less "slippery" than the II's. They do mix well with the C2 heads and tails, but I think it would be cool have one fully "green-grey."
Those Bronzed Z2's certainly aren't easy to catch in stock are they? Thank you for the responses, guys.
-Tom

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a few natural 6P-HA's that were made by SF...just a handful though. Last factory 6P-HA I saw on the MP went for $300-$400. Plus, it was the older style with the round bezel.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
There are a few natural 6P-HA's that were made by SF...just a handful though. Last factory 6P-HA I saw on the MP went for $300-$400. Plus, it was the older style with the round bezel.

Beat me to it!!

OP they do exist, but they are a RARE bird indeed.

I have been trying to find a deerelight CL1H, first series in natural typeIII. These are very rare too.
dereelight006smallrn1.jpg

There was also a short run of Malkoff MD2 hosts in typeIII gray... looking for that one too, no dice.

Then theres the Leef 1x18650 host body in olive/natural typeIII. Paired with a C2 bezel and Z41 tailcap its another NICE alternative.

Voider

Enlightened
Hmm, sounds like I need to be lucky or rich! (Not a bad idea anyway.) That Leef body seems like my best bet. Thanks guys.

-Tom

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ever tried to score a Leef body ;) and they also don´t come cheap nowadays. Oveready has the TorchLab TL65 bodies available in black and natural HA anodizing. The anodizing isn´t a perfect match for Surefire´s HA natural but the Leef bodies I had weren´t either. Here´s a picture of my TL50 with a Z41 switch and a HA cryos head (which is an almost perfect match to Surefire´s HA natural).

oveready-lego2.jpg

Eric

Voider

Enlightened
Other than a 3x 18650 black Leef body at 'Hound, I was wondering about availability. :banghead: . Hadn't checked any further though. VERY nice Cryos/Xeno/Modoolar/Oveready/Torchlab/:drool: setup, Eric. Is that a "Shorty" tailcap? I think the Torchlab natural would go well with the Surefire C2. I wonder if Oveready allows "walk-ins." They're about an hour away from me! :D Thanks very much for sharing.

-Tom

Last edited:

mhphoto

Newly Enlightened

Is this one of those?

3110c8f8.jpg

58abd8cc.jpg

It's my father in law's. I've always liked how it looks.

nbp

Flashaholic
That looks to me like the gun-metal gray 6P. Not HA, but good looking nonetheless.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know why Surefire never decided to apply type III anodizing to their 6 and 9P's. I don't think price is the answer, there were other lights they offered in in the similar price range that had type III.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know why Surefire never decided to apply type III anodizing to their 6 and 9P's. I don't think price is the answer, there were other lights they offered in in the similar price range that had type III.

Pre 9-11, before LE had to become "militarized", there was little acceptance for non-routine gear...you r light had to match the gloss black belt and boots/shoes you wore...in fact, SF's in general, weren't really available in any other finish until the years right after 9-11, for the most part.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pre 9-11, before LE had to become "militarized", there was little acceptance for non-routine gear...you r light had to match the gloss black belt and boots/shoes you wore...in fact, SF's in general, weren't really available in any other finish until the years right after 9-11, for the most part.

Interesting facts there AOW, thanks for the explanation. Sure would be nice to have seen Surefire produce type III 6P's and 9P's, wouldn't you agree?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting facts there AOW, thanks for the explanation. Sure would be nice to have seen Surefire produce type III 6P's and 9P's, wouldn't you agree?

Yeah, I'd like to see a newer model 9P with the anti roll bezel in factory HA for sure!